kayumanggi

CATS | DIGITAL FUR TECH TO LOSE 113.2M IN LITTER BOX | December 20, 2019 | #ReleaseTheButtholeCut

On 10/7/2021 at 3:08 AM, Krissykins said:

This is amazing 😂

On 10/7/2021 at 3:08 AM, Krissykins said:

This is amazing 😂

Yeah, LLoyd Webber saying, basically, the film version of Cats stunk is the unkindest cut of all.

I think Webber was smart enough to know the idea of costuming people as Cats worked fine on the stage, where you don't have to worry about close ups, but was a really dumb idea for film.

It says somethng about Taylor Swift's popularity that she survived being in this disaster without it hurting her career.

I have a theory that a lot of the more intelligent Swifties gave this one a pass because they picked up it had been a mistake on Swift's part.

On 7/18/2024 at 5:50 PM, dudalb said:

It says somethng about Taylor Swift's popularity that she survived being in this disaster without it hurting her career.

I have a theory that a lot of the more intelligent Swifties gave this one a pass because they picked up it had been a mistake on Swift's part.

She's barely in it and didn't come out badly in the reviews; IIRC James Corden and Rebel Wilson bore the brunt of the pans. "Beautiful Ghosts" missing Best Original Song wasn't seen as a huge snub exactly, but they've nominated worse songs before (maybe even that same year). Academy members probably didn't want to validate Cats as an Oscar nominee in any way.

4 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

She's barely in it and didn't come out badly in the reviews; IIRC James Corden and Rebel Wilson bore the brunt of the pans. "Beautiful Ghosts" missing Best Original Song wasn't seen as a huge snub exactly, but they've nominated worse songs before (maybe even that same year). Academy members probably didn't want to validate Cats as an Oscar nominee in any way.

Cats can be happy it won 6 Razzies, winning for Worst Picture and Worst Director.

• Haha 2

I go back to read the reactions here from when the trailer first landed from time to time just for the laughs. All that hype from the filmmakers about what a game changer this was going to be and then the big reveal came to unveil that lmao.

• Haha 2

On 7/19/2024 at 3:17 AM, Eric Twister said:

This is our generation's JFK. Everybody remembers where they were when this dropped.

This comment by Erick Weber is hilarious in hindsight (or was hilariously bad when the trailer dropped) 

4 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

For those who want to re-experience this special time - trailer reactions start on page 20

If the way this thread doubled its number of pages within hours of the trailer being released isn't a sure sign of a movie's power to bring us all together, then I don't know what is.

• Like 1