John Marston

Wednesday numbers - Cap 3- 8.9m

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

It is funny because it wasn't a problem with all the other movies Marvel opened 1 week before America OS.

The fan screenings in mid April were in America, not OS. Don't throw the blame to OS markets.

This was exactly the case with Age of Ultron. As someone pointed out, it was the same with Iron Man 3 and it was reported to Marvel and they took them down. 

Piracy is a real problem for the movie industry here (and probably most of Africa and parts of Asia) so much so that we have folks selling pirated movies still showing in cinemas practically right next to cinemas here in South Africa.

I don't know for sure if it's causing a significant depression on the box office but it's a real and growing problem.

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

What about The Revenant and American Sniper? Excellent quality copies in the internet weeks before both expanded to a wide release, still both did blockbuster numbers lol. 

Ok then.

We will agree to disagree...lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jessie said:

Its just im paying £17 a month for a cinema card a barely use. I've been to the cinema twice this year lol, that means each ticket has technically cost me £42.50 so i dont feel bad if i find an early good download for deadpool and i fancy watching it AGAIN during the period where the film is no longer in cinemas but also not available to purchase. 

Don't complain to us when someone steals your car or iPhone because there was not one available. We won't care. And then we will laugh at you.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CJohn said:

What about The Revenant and American Sniper? Excellent quality copies in the internet weeks before both expanded to a wide release, still both did blockbuster numbers lol. 

Rationalizing won't ease the conscience.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CJohn said:

To be fair, American Sniper was a film targeting the American domestic market and it didn't do that much OS compared to the States. Piracy is a bigger problem OS than in there. Good argument on The Revenant though.

27 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Who's blaming what? This movie's doing very well and very much on pace for $435M+ DOM and $1.25B+ WW. What's this nonsense again?

To clarify, I don't really think this will affect Civil War total gross all that much and it's already doing amazing business, not under-performing at all.

All I'm saying is that there will always be somebody pointing out down the road how much money this good quality pirated version made CW lose and how many records this movie could have broken if it wasn't for this and so on and so on. That's just how the world internet works.

People are already blaming China's lower than expected numbers on this right in this thread; it's started.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Jessie said:

Because cinema is a rip off. I pay for an unlimited cinema card so I'm contributing but if a film has a good pirate download available I'd rather watch that in the comfort of my own home then going to an uncomfortable cinema and being stuck with shitty side seats and a big bill for a drink. Morally I think it's fine for me to do so as I'm still technically paying for my cinema pass, if anything I'm freeing up space so films can earn more money.

I am not talking about fighting the ones that view pirated movies but to go against the ones that put those pirated online copies online.

1 hour ago, FilmBuff said:

Sometimes this board is downright comical. Dumbasses like Jessie posting crap all the time.

I know, right? A box office forum where just about every user takes pride in going to the theater and actually paying for movies. A forum where we celebrate and debate box office receipts. And, dude gloats about piracy and goes so far as to say he'd kick someone's ass for ratting him out if he was illegally filming a movie during a screening. What a goober.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 1