WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 67): Captain Pirate: Piracy War 72.6M | Jungle Book 17.1M | Money Monster 14.8M | The Darkness 5M | Mother's Day 3.3M

"Civil War" is doing just fine honestly.  It's performing as if it's the third Avengers.   I wasn't sure where it would end up because so much summer competition but now it's looking like 400 Will be lock and I still believe 400 is a great milestone for any film.  So "Ultron" and "Iron Man 3" are good models for it though it's leaning more towards "IM3" side than "Ultron".   3x Multiplier isn't happening, 2.5x gets it to 447 but I still see it coming under "Ultron" so I'm going with 2.2-2.3x for 390-411 Domestic Total.  I think those numbers are good for "Money Monster" considering the promo wasn't that strong and it was sold on Oscar Winning Star Power.   I think Clooney is a draw in his own way, he doesn't have huge blockbusters numbers but he has consistant numbers.  "Jungle Book" just keeps on going, Disney having a fantastic year that will top Universal last year for sure.   I think "Zootopia, Jungle Book and Deadpool" are my fav box office stories this year thus far.  

• Like 1

Zootopia down only 17% from last Friday. :) Expect the weekend drop to be a bit higher do to there being no Mothers Day this weekend. I expect a 19-21% drop to a $2.54-2.6 million weekend ($331.6m total). Next weekend could drop 50% against Angry Birds ($333.5m total), but hopefully it can stabilize afterwards (Alice 2 will either be an obstacle or helper). I think it can get to a $336-337 million total and beat Minions. I predicted $337 million back in December. Pretty cool if it gets there! :D

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CJohn said:

THIS WAS SNYDER'S PLAN ALL ALONG!!! HE WAS THE ONE THAT DROPPED THE GOOD QUALITY COPY OF CIVIL WAR ONLINE!!!! 

I think it would be awesome if Snyder started speaking like a pirate.

Arrgh watch me drop a copy of Civil War on streets mateys

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Looking forward to Neighbours and Angry Birds now, hopefully we get some interesting openers :)

Yes. Neighbours 2 had terrible drops from 1 on OW in some markets OS. It will be interesting how it will run dom.

Gitesh
still #1 FRI w/ $19.4M going to about $70M wknd.
Captain America: Civil War $72,000,000 -60% 4,226 0 $17,037 $295,329,078 2 Disney

BOM
Saturday AM Update: Friday estimates are in and Captain America: Civil War led the charge with an estimated $19.4 million suggesting the film is looking at something around a $73 million second weekend.

Deadline

$69.7M to $70M+

Edited by a2knet

you people..

looking at my close group of friends consisting out of 10 ppl.. only 1 of them besides me watched Civil War..

yet all of them watched avengers 1 and most of them 2.. i dont know how its in the USA but outside this is just a cap movie..

numbers are great.. you guys are freaking crazy..

Edited by John Wars

All those talking about how regular moviegoers might less enjoy the movie - they're right. All the huge marvel fans enjoyed it, but my 2 friends, for example, who go see every blockbuster there is, didn't like it as much.

They really didn't like that they fought, they loved the action scenes, but the story? Nope. They wanted something more upbeat.

• Like 2