WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 67): Captain Pirate: Piracy War 72.6M | Jungle Book 17.1M | Money Monster 14.8M | The Darkness 5M | Mother's Day 3.3M

1 hour ago, stripe said:

Nice number! So glad every time an under the radar movie has a solid run

Yeah, under the radar with Julia Roberts, biggest actress ever

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Decent for Money Monster, saw a

tv spot for it on CNN a few days ago it looks like a pretty good movie. So it could a sucessful turn for Sony and with its modest budget in mind.

Sony needs more hits, Angry Birds and Ghostbusters are critical this summer. 

1 minute ago, La Binoche said:

Oh I thought it was coming out late Summer or something. I haven't been following it, I just saw a trailer for it in theaters and it felt like it could break out. 

It opens on June 3 against TMNT (will probably see a drop-off of some sorts from the first) and Pop Star (bombs away!).

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It opens on June 3 against TMNT (will probably see a drop-off of some sorts from the first) and Pop Star (bombs away!).

The Popstar trailer has a lot of dislikes on YouTube, I wouldn't be surprised if it finishes under 20M

4 minutes ago, Treetrunk Special said:

Yeah, under the radar with Julia Roberts, biggest actress ever

Is this 1999? 

Guys, you know what has breakout potential this Summer? That Bruce Willis movie about the kid who can see ghosts. 

Edited by La Binoche
  • Like 2

Money Monster absolutely flew under the radar.  Good to see it will crack double digits, though I'm less excited to check it out as the reviews are trending more rotten.

The Darkness is DOA.  I didn't know a single person who was even aware it was coming out.

Edited by Rolling Thunder

17 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The Popstar trailer has a lot of dislikes on YouTube, I wouldn't be surprised if it finishes under 20M

It's really gonna appeal exclusively to Lonely Island fans and nobody else.

• Like 1

The ten lowest Derby predictions for The Darkness:

CoolEric258: 1.51M

Jmorphin: 2M

Rolling Thunder: 2.1M

AABATTERY: 3M

lilmac: 3M

WrathOfHan: 3M

nelmsey: 3.09M

boxofficeth: 3.1M

Exxdee: 3.21M

TalismanRing: 3.25M

Feels-Good-Man-Frog-02.png

Just now, La Binoche said:

Has Clooney ever opened a hit movie? 

He's always gonna be a big star but he's always been uneven as a box office draw. The Descendants was a big hit, but one that was powered by reviews/awards buzz.

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

He's always gonna be a big star but he's always been uneven as a box office draw. The Descendants was a big hit, but one that was powered by reviews/awards buzz.

Right. He's never opened a real hit. He opens in the middling Michael Clayton/The American range. 

Edited by La Binoche

5 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Right. He's never opened a real hit. He opens in the middling Michael Clayton/The American range. 

Clooney has a dependable audience. He is good for a 40-60M domestic and 80-100M WW gross. His budgets rarely exceed 20M, so his movies always make money (apart from Tomorrowland)

• Like 1