WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 67): Captain Pirate: Piracy War 72.6M | Jungle Book 17.1M | Money Monster 14.8M | The Darkness 5M | Mother's Day 3.3M

Just now, Jonwo said:

The second weekend of May has proven lucrative for comedies and adult dramas, Gatsby did great there so you wonder why studios don't take advantage of that slot. 

Because it has produced several big budget bombs and underperformers.

2 hours ago, druv10 said:

CA3

22M (+170%)

35M(+63%)

25(-30%)

82M(-54%)

Sat jump is reasonable, but if it got to 22M today, then I think another 60% gain is pretty optimistic. 

-30% on Sun is low, I think it'll be closer to -35%

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, druv10 said:

I used IM3 63% jump. Ultron jumped 59% also which gets us to 80M+ weekend as well.  You do have a point about the Friday jump which is substantially higher than both so maybe Saturday jump will be around 50%. Hopefully 22M sticks because that's the key to a strong weekend hold.

Yes, that was my point. $22m would mean much bigger Friday increase than IM3/Ultron. Usually means a balancing effect somewhere else (Saturday increase). $22m Friday would be amazing and give it a good chance at $80m weekend. 

10 minutes ago, Sam said:

Sat jump is reasonable, but if it got to 22M today, then I think another 60% gain is pretty optimistic. 

-30% on Sun is low, I think it'll be closer to -35%

That still gets you to over 80M 2nd weekend. Which is great result for CW and bodes very well for the legs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, druv10 said:

That still gets you to over 80M 2nd weekend. Which is great result for CW and bodes very well for the legs.

Yeah, I hope for 80M+ as well.

How early was this number? I thought we're normally given a range. 

24 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Unlike last year there isn't a mad max mediocre road or pitch perfect 2. CW is headed to 77-81 mil.

Fury Road is better than any superhero movie, ever. 

tumblr_mhh3dliJXg1qbqv6do3_250.gif

Edited by La Binoche
  • Like 5