The Panda

BOT Top 100 Movies of All Time: The Empire Strikes Back... Again... For the Third Time...

8 minutes ago, James said:

OMG. I remember seeing this in english class. The most boring, pretentious piece of shit I've ever watched.  

Yes it's absolutely wonderful.  Randall P Mc Murphy is one of the most iconic characters ever.

• Like 1

I haven't submitted a list so I can't really complain about the countdown so far.  I guarantee that Good Will Hunting would have made the top 100 if I hadn't been lazy and submitted a list...

I also don't know if I would have submitted my top 100 favorite movies (taste)...or my top 100 best movies (technical, cultural impact, etc...), probably a bit of both.   

Memento-It's one of those films I like but it doesn't inspire much passion from me.

OUATITW-It's a terrific film but so far I've only seen it once, another couple of viewings and it could show up on my next list.

Boyhood-I liked it when I first saw it, but subsequent viewings I've come to the conclusion that it's really not that great and just more of a gimmick.

14 minutes ago, langer said:

I haven't submitted a list so I can't really complain about the countdown so far.  I guarantee that Good Will Hunting would have made the top 100 if I hadn't been lazy and submitted a list...

I also don't know if I would have submitted my top 100 favorite movies (taste)...or my top 100 best movies (technical, cultural impact, etc...), probably a bit of both.   

Personally I wouldn't agree to cultural impact or influence or enduring legacy being a factor for a 'best' films of all time list.  In my opinion they should rather be included in a 'greatest' films ever list. Neither would I consider the time when a film was released , i.e, how superior, technically and such, it was to other films of its time. For a pure 'best' films 'of all time' list I would say it should be the film itself, and no other external factor, that should determine its place. 

Edited by Infernus
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Infernus said:

Personally I wouldn't agree to cultural impact or influence or enduring legacy being a factor for a 'best' films of all time list.  In my opinion they should rather be included in a 'greatest' films ever list. Neither would I consider the time when a film was released , i.e, how superior, technically and such, it was to other films of its time. For a pure 'best' films 'of all time' list I would say it should be the film itself, and no other external factor, that should determine its place. 

What is the difference between best films and greatest films?  I'm confused by your post to be honest. 

11 minutes ago, DAR said:

When I think pretentious I think of that movie Andy Warhol did were it was just the Empire State Building for 8 hours.

I mean, does it pretend to be anything more than just the Empire State Building for 8 hours? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Panda said:

Number 74

Once Upon a Time in the West (1968)

34 Points (6 Votes, Avg Score 10.1667)

Top 5 Placements: 1 Placement

Top 10 Placements: 4 Placements

Yeah, that says it all. Beautiful

• Like 1

I could take a dump and show it to my friend, he would say why the fuck are you showing me this? I would say that it's not about what you see but it's about how it was made, and explain to him how constipated myself for a month to make it the biggest I could.

You know what he would say? It's still a gaint steaming turd.

This is my experience with Boyhood.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Would it be enough if  7 Pixar movies from that time period make it on the list? Because that's what's coming up.

Can you let Panda reveal the list.