The Panda

BOT Top 100 Movies of All Time: The Empire Strikes Back... Again... For the Third Time...

I'd like this to be my BOFFY Clip Moment that is shown when I am nominated for and win the BOT Funniest Member award next year.

Spoiler

I'm more desperate than Leo for this guys... :ph34r:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

Even that bullshit IMDB top movies list has 12 Angry Men high

i'm just flicking through that list right now and our right to talk shit might be revoked. it's kinda classier they got M, Das Boot, Once Upon a Time in America, Bicycle Thieves. Rashomon, city lights, paths of glory all right there in the 100. civil war isn't that high.

though i suppose we don't have Intouchables, Interstellar, the green mile or American Beauty in our 100 so it's EVEN STEVENS.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, The Panda said:

Number 5

Star Wars (1977)

112 Points (30 Votes, Avg Score 28.63)

19fk32sw3nt1wjpg.jpg

"I have a very bad feeling about this."

Top 5 Placements: 4 Placements

Top 10 Placements: 8 Placements

Changes in Rankings Over Time: 2014 (3, -2), 2013 (4, -1), 2012 (6, +1)

Tomatometer: 94%

Box Office: 307.26m (1.225b Adjusted)

Most Notable Awards Recognition: Won 6 Oscars

IMDb Synopsis: A young boy from Tatooine sets out on an adventure with an old Jedi named Obi-Wan Kenobi as his mentor to save Princess Leia from the ruthless Darth Vader and Destroy the Death Star built by the Empire which has the power to destroy the entire galaxy.

Critic Opinion: "Make no mistake about it, George Lucas’ new science fiction film, “Star Wars,” is a supernova.  But is the movie by the creator of “American Graffiti” as good as all the advance reviews? After all, Time magazine in a six-page spread this week called “Star Wars” the “year’s best movie.” And, Time doesn’t like anything unless it’s complicated and esoteric!  Well, for once, the advance reviews have hit the nail squarely on the head.  “Star Wars” is nothing short of pure unadulterated entertainment, something that has been sorely lacking in a great majority of recent films." - Vern Perry

User Opinion: "Arguably the most influential film of all time, how does Star Wars hold up? Extremely well. Unfortunately, I only had possession of the Special Edition, but it's easy to ignore that gunk and enjoy the economic worldbuilding and storytelling going on. At only two hours long, the film still feels like an epic, full of starmaking performances and wonderful special effects. You can't single out anyone as Hamill, Fisher, and Ford all perfectly embody their characters and make them iconic. The fights are great, although the ending dogfight might be a tad overlong. John Williams' score is astounding and I have to imagine what it would've been like back in 1977 to hear it for the first time. Star Wars is a classic, and I can't really add much that hasn't already been said about it." - Blankments

Personal Comment: The third movie from the Star Wars franchise to make our countdown is the original itself, and boy does it deserve to.  Star Wars is the 9th movie from the 1970s to make our list, and it's the closest a beloved nerd movie that wasn't LOTR has ever come to winning Best Picture.  Star Wars is also the biggest box office behemoth to make our list, meaning Gone With the Wind did not make the cut.  There are few movies that are iconic or as influential as this movie is, so much of modern filmmaking is because of this films brilliance.  Star Wars was revolutionary in its visual effects and original worldbuilding style of storytelling that set the precedent for so many more movies and even video games to come after it.  It's hard to find many modern day franchises in any medium that haven't drawn some influence from the solid foundation this movie set down for the franchise to come.  Star Wars is one of the most wildly entertaining movies of all time, and it's nearly impossible for a person to sit down and watch this without a big giddy grin on their face.

Loooooooooooooooool. 

9 minutes ago, Baumer said:

To say Interstellar is better than Star Wars is like saying Rob Zombies Halloween is better than Carpenters.

Intertellar had deep characters, a deep story, great acting (and directing) and amazing FX. They are not even close.

4 minutes ago, The Panda said:

I'd like this to be my BOFFY Clip Moment that is shown when I am nominated for and win the BOT Funniest Member award next year.

Hide contents

I'm more desperate than Leo for this guys... :ph34r:

Coolio still posts here so...

Help me take him out

• Like 2

1 minute ago, James said:

Loooooooooooooooool. 

Intertellar had deep characters, a deep story, great acting (and directing) and amazing FX. They are not even close.

Tell us how you feel about 12 Angry Men

• Like 2

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Tell us how you feel about 12 Angry Men

the age is a knock against it but the fact that the title suggests they're gonna be angry through the whole film wins it back some major points.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

the age is a knock against it but the fact that the title suggests they're gonna be angry through the whole film wins it back some major points.

But no one has a mohaw so...