WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 75): X-MEN 103.3M OS OW | Angry Birds 38.15M | Captain America 32.9M (Ahoy Matey!!) | Neighbors 21.7M | The Nice Guys 11.2M | Jungle Book 10.9M

2 minutes ago, Treetrunk Special said:

yeah when you get self-conscious and you try to do it as quiet as possible you get completly distracted and can't watch the movie :P and you're probably being just as loud anyway.

I am getting slowly more and more put off by the cinema. It seems like every time I have been in the past few months, there have been people talking or looking at their phone. Usually I can shut them up but sometimes I just don't have the energy to. And then when you add the amount of rustling, crunching and slurping... not to mention people who sneak hot food in and stink the place out. I like watching movies at home, where I am more comfortable, and I can pause it to go the toilet. And I'm not distracting anyone if I make noise or check my phone.

My only real issue is that it takes a long time for a movie to reach home media at good quality. Watching pirate streams at super compressed 720p is crap. Netflix 1080p is good but their library is lackluster.

I love being in the theater, I feel like Ben Affleck in Daredevil, sleeping in his little water casket. It is a place where I can be closed off from the world...

But I do notice audiences being more and more annoying to me as of late. And I find myself more and more irritated by missing out on certain trailers.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Treetrunk Special said:

yeah when you get self-conscious and you try to do it as quiet as possible you get completly distracted and can't watch the movie :P and you're probably being just as loud anyway.

I am getting slowly more and more put off by the cinema. It seems like every time I have been in the past few months, there have been people talking or looking at their phone. Usually I can shut them up but sometimes I just don't have the energy to. And then when you add the amount of rustling, crunching and slurping... not to mention people who sneak hot food in and stink the place out. I like watching movies at home, where I am more comfortable, and I can pause it to go the toilet. And I'm not distracting anyone if I make noise or check my phone.

My only real issue is that it takes a long time for a movie to reach home media at good quality. Watching pirate streams at super compressed 720p is crap. Netflix 1080p is good but their library is lackluster.

Nah...

Movie theatre will always be the  place to watch a movie

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dragon said:

wait x men came out friday?n shit I thought it was  next week

You are right for the US. It got released this weekend in around 2/3 of it's intl. market

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Nah...

Movie theatre will always be the  place to watch a movie

the cons are tending to outweigh the pros for me, tbh. The only thing that really keeps me going is that it is the only place to see most movies that are newly released.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I wanna play an open world game to explore the entirety of Zootopia. Get Rockstar to develop it, you have enough money to persuade them :P

Lol, since when has that developer made licenced games?

Also, I think it would be Take-Two that would be coughing up some dough to make a licenced game.

After watching Zootopia, I'm surprised it did as well as it did. Was boring and extremely predictable. I knew who the villain was the first time they were shown on screen. I think the only reason it did so well was because of a lack of competition. Or, maybe kids loved it, but I don't know, not a kid and don't have any. Certainly not up to Pixar's level.

Life of Pets, looks like a better movie based on the trailers. It should make more. Dory is a slam dunk to make more.

actually i guess the biggest draw to the cinema for me is the price. I would rarely go if it weren't so cheap. I pay ~$1 per movie at the cinema, if I were paying full price $15 a ticket i doubt i would ever go.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, department store basement said:

Do you have your own room you can watch them in?

I'm sure it's more about actually getting out of the house. 

Edited by RichWS

1 minute ago, department store basement said:

Do you have your own room you can watch them in?

Yeah, but I don't have my own TV (something I've resisted buying because I'm trying to keep myself motivated to move out). Even then, I'd still have the anxiety about being interrupted.