CaptainJackSparrow

The Little Mermaid | Disney | May 26, 2023 | Queen Halle will rule the summer!

53 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

This movie dodged a bullet if we go by Styles "acting" in Dont Worry Darling.

But I guess all the men in these Dis live action movies don't require much in terms of acting, they just have to be handsome.😄

Not familiar with Jonah Hauer-King and good for him that Harry turning it down gave him a chance to increase profile but I get a sense that Styles might be regretting passing on this when Don't Worry Darling and that Policeman flop ended up doing absolutely nothing for his chances at establishing an acting career. At least would've given him a major role in a certified blockbuster and kept him on casting lists for at least a short while, safe as that might've been.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, filmlover said:

Not familiar with Jonah Hauer-King and good for him that Harry turning it down gave him a chance to increase profile but I get a sense that Styles might be regretting passing on this when Don't Worry Darling and that Policeman flop ended up doing absolutely nothing for his chances at establishing an acting career. At least would've given him a major role in a certified blockbuster and kept him on casting lists for at least a short while, safe as that might've been.

I think The Little Mermaid 2023 is going to be trash but I agree that Don't Worry Darling and especially My Policeman only hurt Harry Styles acting career and that The Little Mermaid would have been a decent fit for him. I know he was busy but he could have carved time out of his schedule to do it. It definitely would have benefited him much more. Jumping right into high profile dramas was a risk that didn't pay off. He ain't Lady Gaga.

19 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Doesn't seem like Disney got Menken's consent over changing the lyrics

Good for him.

I think new songs for a classic are a bad idea unless you can get the original songwritees doing it..which is impossible here.

One of the resons Mary Poppins Returns dissapointed was the songs where nowhere near as good as the original.

Updating or changing the lyrics isn't a new thing, Aladdin had a few songs with tweaked lyrics and even in the stage adaptations of their shows, lyrics have minor changes. A good example is Mary Poppins where Supercali only keeps the chorus of the original song, the rest is completely rewritten. 

As long as the songs SOUND the same (that's what people recognize) and have a similar effect in the film, I don't think most people will care outside of outrage crowds on the internet.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2023 at 5:20 PM, DAJK said:

As long as the songs SOUND the same (that's what people recognize) and have a similar effect in the film, I don't think most people will care outside of outrage crowds on the internet.

SO quality does not matter. Great.

• Sad 1
  • Knock It Off 1

7 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

Does that mean tickets are going on sale soon?

And the

42 minutes ago, Box Office Hit said:

And the original just took 90 Minutes to tell it story.

That is another problem with these remakes; they are all bloated.

I don't get their popluairty, I just don't.