CaptainJackSparrow

The Little Mermaid | Disney | May 26, 2023 | Queen Halle will rule the summer!

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

And the

And the original just took 90 Minutes to tell it story.

That is another problem with these remakes; they are all bloated.

I don't get their popluairty, I just don't.

Their “popularity” is largely due to the nostalgia and novelty of seeing these beloved animated classics in live action. Most of these remakes are inevitably forgotten about after they leave theaters. Practically no one even talks about something like the 2019 Lion King anymore. Most people will just go back to the originals. 

Additional runtime is a good thing since the original has the glaring flaw of an incredibly paper thin and rushed third act. That said, they may have gone too far in the other direction this time. At least will be glad to get one of these that isn’t just remaking the animated film with no originality. 

51 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Additional runtime is a good thing since the original has the glaring flaw of an incredibly paper thin and rushed third act. That said, they may have gone too far in the other direction this time. At least will be glad to get one of these that isn’t just remaking the animated film with no originality. 

it depends on what they have done ! i wish they release those songs early at least one after bookings opened ! songs r the best marketing for disney musicals

On 4/15/2023 at 6:59 PM, Bob Train said:

I wouldn't be surprised if this remake underperforms because audiences have been conditioned to watch Disney stuff on Disney+.

I can kind of see that, but that seems to lean heavily toward their animation these days and their 'minor' live action adaptations (Lady and the Tramp, Peter Pan and Wendy (I'm still not sure if that's theatrical or D+ only and don't care to look it up).

I do wonder if having Peter Pan & Wendy go directly to Disney+ on 4/28 this month will actually cause some confusion with families that subscribe to Disney+? Given it's debuting straight to streaming with no theatrical release less than a month before The Little Mermaid opens theatrically with no streaming release. 

1 hour ago, Morieris said:

I can kind of see that, but that seems to lean heavily toward their animation these days and their 'minor' live action adaptations (Lady and the Tramp, Peter Pan and Wendy (I'm still not sure if that's theatrical or D+ only and don't care to look it up).

Ha! Thinking like you... And, Peter Pan & Wendy is direct to Disney+. No theatrical window at all to my knowledge a la the Pinocchio with Hanks and the Chip and Dale movies. 

• Like 1

Visuals are looking very decent on the recent videos, i do think the fact that extensive post production are getting done so close to release these days are making early videos for this type of movies looks worse than it should 

Curious why the movie ended up so lenghty, the animated is kinda too short and underveloped in some areas but i didn´t think the LA would be 40 minutes longer 

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

Visuals are looking very decent on the recent videos, i do think the fact that extensive post production are getting done so close to release these days are making early videos for this type of movies looks worse than it should 

Curious why the movie ended up so lenghty, the animated is kinda too short and underveloped in some areas but i didn´t think the LA would be 40 minutes longer 

Same reason why Beauty and the Beast, and The Lion King needed to be considerably longer then their animated counterparts. Major live-action blockbuster feature films can't be that short anymore. 

I'm expecting them to fix up some of those supposed "plot elements" from the original, but also thinking there will be a lot of padding, too. 

The original is quite rushed in the latter half. The movie's nearly three-fifths of the way over by the time Ariel loses her voice and surfaces.

If there are parts I expect to get beefed up it's likely towards that latter half.

• Like 1

Re: runtime

I feel like in the end despite being like a half hour longer, it'll still be like the live-action Aladdin or Beauty and the Beast where everything feels more rushed despite more minutes and more subplots. It's still insane to me that something like that is even possible, but here we are.

On 4/17/2023 at 6:59 AM, Morieris said:

Peter Pand and Wendy was orignally planned as a Disney + film, Disney decided to give it a threatricla release,then changed their minds again and now it's a Disney  Plus exclusive. Guess they decided it would not do well in theaters, and not to waste the tens of millions it takes to get any movie in theaters, let alone marketign.

Anyway, Peter Pan and Wendy seems to be more on an original story loosely based on the classic play, not a remake of the animated version.

• Like 1