CJohn

MEH-MORIAL DAY WEEKEND BOX OFFICE | Abandon all hope, the box office is dead. 3 day weekend #s X-Men 65M, Alice 28.1M, Angry Birds 18.7M, Civil War 15.1M, Neighbors 9.1M. Bad openings, horrible holdovers.

So Alice Through the Looking Glass is going to make less in total than the first movie made in its opening weekend. Woof.

You know, I was actually planning on seeing this since I quite liked the first movie, but this looks like the textbook definition of an unnecessary sequel that didn't need to be made, so I'm kinda thinking that we'll pass on it now.

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Alice 2 might bomb harder than we expect. I still can't see it going below Tomorrowland.

I can. With major family audience competition next week in TMNT2 its legs will be affected for sure, and if it opens to Tomorrowland numbers I can also see it sharing IMAX with TMNT2 next weekend similar to how Tomorrowland had to share with San Andreas. 

TMNT2 will open lower than 1 but I still see it being good for O/U 50M.

8 minutes ago, CJohn said:

BFG is gonna flop spectacularly. Dory is gonna beat it on that weekend lol.

I can see Pete"s Dragon having a solid run until Storks in late September even if it has a 20-25M OW.

Pete's Dragon will do around 60-70m

The BFG will do around 100-110m

There's a sequel coming out every weekend for the next 5 weekends :lol: TMNT isn't generating much buzz, wouldn't be surprised if it goes below 50M. Previews start at 5 PM as well, so anything below the first's is a disaster. NYSM2 is currently tracking mid to high-20's but low-20's wouldn't surprise me either. The Conjuring is poised to breakout.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

There's a sequel coming out every weekend for the next 5 weekends :lol: TMNT isn't generating much buzz, wouldn't be surprised if it goes below 50M. Previews start at 5 PM as well, so anything below the first's is a disaster. NYSM2 is currently tracking mid to high-20's but low-20's wouldn't surprise me either. The Conjuring is poised to breakout.

And Warcraft looks like it will replicate Pacific Rim's performance, but lower.

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'm only predicting 43M for turtles.

Given how much I hated the first Alice and how Tim Burton basically ripped my heart out, spat on it, stomped on it, pissed on it, then buried it under ten kilotons of cow dung:

This movie is only deserving of maybe $1.00.......doesn't even deserve a footlong at subway.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I can. With major family audience competition next week in TMNT2 its legs will be affected for sure, and if it opens to Tomorrowland numbers I can also see it sharing IMAX with TMNT2 next weekend similar to how Tomorrowland had to share with San Andreas. 

TMNT2 will open lower than 1 but I still see it being good for O/U 50M.

TMNT2 doesn't have IMAX in any country. I doubt it is released in the format. I can see Apocalypse getting IMAX DOM next week, tho.

• Like 1