CJohn

MEH-MORIAL DAY WEEKEND BOX OFFICE | Abandon all hope, the box office is dead. 3 day weekend #s X-Men 65M, Alice 28.1M, Angry Birds 18.7M, Civil War 15.1M, Neighbors 9.1M. Bad openings, horrible holdovers.

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

I know he definitely had to take a shit when Talia Al Ghul died. And then Zack Snyder subbed in.

Ah, that was pure Nolan. Preparing the audience for what was to come. 

Do you see your children, Pink?

• Like 3

i pee a bunch. almost every movie i watch at home gets a pee break pause (in fact i'm watching All That Heaven Allows rn and had to stop for the break). most cinema movies i go like 3 times in a row before hand to make sure nothing interrupts. i actually did have to run out to pee during apocalypse. it was some boring scene where jean and cyclops were talking and i got back and they were still talking. whatever.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

My friend went to pee during Interstellar during Coopers goodbye to Murph. He was gone for like 20 minutes and came back with a freeze drink

Now THAT'S bad.  It's one thing to miss 3/4 minutes of a movie that doesn't contain much, but 20 minutes is way too much.  If you're gone that long, you might as well leave.

i went to see fool's gold with some friends once and one dude left 30 minutes in and i thought he (justifiably) abandoned ship but he rolled back in for the last 15 minutes. swears he was in the shitter that whole time.

• Like 1

Another film I walked out on was The Winter Soldier.  Not because it was bad (I watched it when it was On Demand and loved it), but because my sister kept making a big scene, complaining about every single minor thing and loudly begging to go home.  Fucking obnoxious.

Even worse was it was my birthday. 

• Like 1

i've never walked out of a movie ever. if there's some other circumstance then fine but dropping out just cos they movie's bad? fuck off man. who wastes money enough to just stop by for 20 minutes and be all "eh, not for me"? movie tickets cost too damn much if i'm paying the price i'm getting a full narrative good or no.

• Like 14

12 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I know he definitely had to take a shit when Talia Al Ghul died. And then Zack Snyder subbed in.

Fucking Zack Snyder.

• Like 1

I've never walked out of a movie. During GOTG I got a large soda and when the final battle started I needed to pee, and by the end of the movie I REALLY needed to piss. Good thing the Howard the Duck scene got leaked online :lol: 

• Like 1

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

i've never walked out of a movie ever. if there's some other circumstance then fine but dropping out just cos they movie's bad? fuck off man. who wastes money enough to just stop by for 20 minutes and be all "eh, not for me"? movie tickets cost too damn much if i'm paying the price i'm getting a full narrative good or no.

lol if its bad (which only happened to me like once) i leave and go to a more interesting movie. my theater doesn't really give a fuck so we movie jump all the time.

• Like 2