CJohn

MEH-MORIAL DAY WEEKEND BOX OFFICE | Abandon all hope, the box office is dead. 3 day weekend #s X-Men 65M, Alice 28.1M, Angry Birds 18.7M, Civil War 15.1M, Neighbors 9.1M. Bad openings, horrible holdovers.

1 minute ago, AJG said:

Deadpool 2 might have to be the greatest superhero movie in history.

There's so much riding on it. Remember what happened to all of Sony's plans after TASM 2 flopped/sucked?

It's got a lot to live up to since its predecessor was the greatest R-rated movie of all time

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, superweirdo87 said:

I would argue that the work of McAvoy in First Class and DoFP, Fassbender in First Class, and Jackman is far from Twilight level acting. And Spider Man 2, X2, and Nolan's trilogy do not bear that out.

There's no consistency in how the other studios treat their CB properties . That doesn't mean that there haven't been some great movies but the only movies that are the comic books brought to the big screen are the marvel studio ones . Most of the movies from other studios seem to be made by people that feel almost embarrassed to be directing a CB movie so they try to change it as much as they can, follow trends from other non-CB popular movies e.t.c 

Theres a reason why marvel studios have been marching on with hit after hit , even before disney bought them , making characters like iron man, Thor and captain America ( yes freakin captain America the one hero everyone thought couldn't work because of his name ) popular while the true a-listers like spider man, superman, Xmen , batman have been suffering on a hit or miss movie by movie basis . What some people , usually ones that despise comics, call "by the numbers" I call "comic books brought to the big screen PROPERLY" . 

• Like 2

Just now, Chewy said:

Who is trashing MCU?

Nobody. People just mentioned Civil War had shit legs which include a worse Memorial Weekend Drop than TASM2

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Deadpool 2 has VISIONARY AUTEUR TIM MILLER on the director seat. It will do fine. 

Nobody is trashing the MCU. Civil War had shit legs. That is all. The more advanced a franchise is the more that happens. Normal stuff. 

Um, people trash talk MCU all the time.

At least as much as people claim MCU is "teh best franchise in history" which apparently is the same as simply pointing out MCU is well regarded critically and at the box office.

• Like 2

surprised they didn't use Deadpool to promote X-Men Apocaylpse more

should have had a pre credits scene in Deadpool where he breaks the fourth wall and shows off a trailer for X-Men Apocaylpse

or a sneak peek in front of the movie introduced by Deadpool

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

Um, people trash talk MCU all the time.

At least as much as people claim MCU is "teh best franchise in history" which apparently is the same as simply pointing out MCU is well regarded critically and at the box office.

I really don't see people trashing the MCU lol. 

Anyway, I don't care. We have to a game to win Grey, we need to focus on that.

Spoiler

Jk we already lost fucking visionary Tim Miller I curse you!!! :sadben: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

There's no consistency in how the other studios treat their CB properties . That doesn't mean that there haven't been some great movies but the only movies that are the comic books brought to the big screen are the marvel studio ones . Most of the movies from other studios seem to be made by people that feel almost embarrassed to be directing a CB movie so they try to change it as much as they can, follow trends from other non-CB popular movies e.t.c 

Theres a reason why marvel studios have been marching on with hit after hit , even before disney bought them , making characters like iron man, Thor and captain America ( yes freakin captain America the one hero everyone thought couldn't work because of his name ) popular while the true a-listers like spider man, superman, Xmen , batman have been suffering on a hit or miss movie by movie basis . What some people , usually ones that despise comics, call "by the numbers" I call "comic books brought to the big screen PROPERLY" . 

tumblr_inline_nyg1g4WzNY1suqviv_500.gif

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DAR said:

Alright everyone time for me to head to a barbecue

1 hour ago, RichWS said:

During my BBQ later today, I'm gonna read this thread aloud until someone decks me. 

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

lol do it.

My BBQ is tomorrow. About to see Love & Friendship. :)

1 hour ago, Treetrunk Special said:

we were gonna have a barbeque today as my dad bought a new barbeque but he forgot that he had ran out of gas lol.

1 hour ago, FilmBuff said:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! We're having a bbq today! Be safe on your travels!

Unfortunately things haven't worked out for the family in the area to come by for grilling, but the weekend of the 4th looks like the stars will align for it.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

surprised they didn't use Deadpool to promote X-Men Apocaylpse more

should have had a pre credits scene in Deadpool where he breaks the fourth wall and shows off a trailer for X-Men Apocaylpse

or a sneak peek in front of the movie introduced by Deadpool

Wouldnt be surprised if there was something in the contracts preventing this. Fox couldn't have Ryan Reynolds suit up as the character for live events for the similar reasons.

Just now, 4815162342 said:

Guess I'm going to be the guy who clarifies that most of you are actually referring to grilling as opposed to actually barbecuing. I know we tend to conflate the two, but they're really two separate things.

Why you be gotta THAT guy?

8 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Kevin Feige enjoying his holiday weekend. 

• Like 1

Just now, RichWS said:

Why you be gotta THAT guy?

Combine growing up with ingrained New York interruption powers with enough time spent around Southern people who get offended at mixing up the two and it becomes a reflex.

• Like 1