cannastop

Tuesday: Apoc $6.5M, Alice 2 $2.8M, Angry Birds $1.8M, Cap3 $1.5M, Neighbors 2 $1.3M

6 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

The greatest comic book movie event of all time Civil War has legs like Tyrion.

#piracy #13thfilm #whateverotherreason

And before the butthurt starts flowing I'll just say it

"Then what does that make BvS couldn't even make 900M wah wah wah"

• Like 1

Projections for the week based on Tuesday numbers...

X-Men: Apocalypse

Wednesday: $4.6M (-29.4%)

Thursday: $4.75M (+3.23%)

OPENING WEEK TOTAL: $95.7M

Friday: $9.19M (+93.8%)

Saturday: $13.5M (+46.4%)

Sunday: $8.48M (-37%)

SECOND WEEKEND TOTAL: $31.1M (-61%)

PROJECTED DOMESTIC TOTAL: $183M (2.3x)

Alice Through the Looking Glass

Wednesday: $2.2M (-20.7%)

Thursday: $2.17M (-1.28%)

OPENING WEEK TOTAL: $40.6M

Friday: $4.32M (+99.3%)

Saturday: $6.11M (+41.4%)

Sunday: $4.29M (-29.8%)

SECOND WEEKEND TOTAL: $14.7M (-56.1%)

PROJECTED DOMESTIC TOTAL: $90.4M (2.7x)

The Angry Birds Movie

Wednesday: $1.69M (-7.48%)

Thursday: $1.82M (+7.19%)

SECOND WEEK TOTAL: $29.9M (-37.3%)

Friday: $3.97M (+119%)

Saturday: $7.09M (+78.4%)

Sunday: $5.04M (-28.9%)

THIRD WEEKEND TOTAL: $16.1M (-34.5%)

PROJECTED DOMESTIC TOTAL: $166M (4.35x)

Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising

Wednesday: $1.43M (+6.84%)

Thursday: $1.12M (-21.5%)

SECOND WEEK TOTAL: $15.3M (-47.5%)

Friday: $1.46M (+29.7%)

Saturday: $1.77M (+21.7%)

Sunday: $1.59M (-10.6%)

THIRD WEEKEND TOTAL: $4.82M (-57.9%)

PROJECTED DOMESTIC TOTAL: $58.3M (2.68x)

Captain America: Civil War

Wednesday: $1.36M (-11.9%)

Thursday: $1.2M (-12%)

FOURTH WEEK TOTAL: $24.1M (-44.2%)

Friday: $2.1M (+75.3%)

Saturday: $2.77M (+31.6%)

Sunday: $2.05M (-26%)

FIFTH WEEKEND TOTAL: $6.92M (-65.4%)

PROJECTED DOMESTIC TOTAL: $406M (2.27x)

The Nice Guys

Wednesday: $917k (+9.99%)

Thursday: $878k (-4.32%)

SECOND WEEK TOTAL: $10.9M (-29.2%)

Friday: $1.07M (+22.4%)

Saturday: $1.45M (+34.7%)

Sunday: $1.36M (-5.85%)

THIRD WEEKEND TOTAL: $3.88M (-53%)

PROJECTED DOMESTIC TOTAL: $36.5M (3.25x)

Money Monster

Wednesday: $519k (+7.79%)

Thursday: $558k (+7.55%)

THIRD WEEK TOTAL: $7.19M (-25.4%)

Friday: $535k (-4.11%)

Saturday: $724k (+35.3%)

Sunday: $837k (+15.6%%)

FOURTH WEEKEND TOTAL: $2.1M (-62.7%)

PROJECTED DOMESTIC TOTAL: $40.9M (2.76x)

The Darkness

Wednesday: $107k (+8.57%)

Thursday: $94.2k (-12.3%)

THIRD WEEK TOTAL: $1.19M (-60.6%)

PROJECTED DOMESTIC TOTAL: $10.3M (2.08x)

9 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

The greatest comic book movie event of all time Civil War has legs like Tyrion.

I liked the idea of Civil War and the xhange of status quo with the dark age, the young avengers arc but Brubaker's cap run stole the show. It's a shame I don't like TWS because it's the adaptation.

imo House of M was a Superior event. Both as a comic itself and to the change in the X-Men status quo. I hope they will make it a movie now that we have the Scarlett Witch in the MCU.

1 minute ago, RascarCapat said:

I liked the idea of Civil War and the xhange of status quo with the dark age, the young avengers arc but Brubaker's cap run stole the show. It's a shame I don't like TWS because it's the adaptation.

imo House of M was a Superior event. Both as a comic itself and to the change in the X-Men status quo. I hope they will make it a movie now that we have the Scarlett Witch in the MCU.

As a story-arc, Civil-War's a bit of a mess, which is why I appreciated the film version more, since it managed to adapt a comic-arc and somehow make it even more better and more enjoyable.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

*snip*

"Let's see, I could just tell him what word to use, ooorrrrr I could post funny pictures and pretend I'm making a meaningful contribution. Well, the choice is clear."

Edited by johnboy3434
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, johnboy3434 said:

"Let's see, I could just tell him what word to use, ooorrrrr I could post funny pictures and pretend I'm making a meaningful contribution. Well, the choice is clear."

I'll just tell you that for all of the effort you put in to your posts, you're overestimating almost everything.

1 minute ago, johnboy3434 said:

"Let's see, I could tell him what word to use, or I could post funny pictures and pretend I'm contributing to the conversation. Well, the choice is clear."

Let's go through them one by one:

X-Men: The movie isn't hitting 180M, you're being way too generous on the legs. Theaters will pull it before it can get that far.

Alice: A 56% drop this weekend for this movie does not translate to a 2.7x. Again, theaters will pull it LONG before it can get there.

Angry Birds: The movie had a 51% drop this weekend, it won't rebound that much. Also, a 4.35x will not happen.

Neighbors: A nearly 57% drop this weekend does not translate into a 2.68x.

Cap: It's not dropping 65%.

Nice Guys: This is actually somewhat reasonable providing the drops the next few weeks are low.

Money Monster: Again, you're being way too high on the drops for this movie. You always expect big drops that never happen.

The Darkness: Yeah sure.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I'll just tell you that for all of the effort you put in to your posts, you're overestimating almost everything.

There's obviously a problem with ABM's predictions, but considering that's the only film out of eight that I have dropping less than 50%, I actually thought I was being overly pessimistic on some of them.

Edited by johnboy3434

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

X-Men: The movie isn't hitting 180M, you're being way too generous on the legs. Theaters will pull it before it can get that far.

Alice: A 56% drop this weekend for this movie does not translate to a 2.7x. Again, theaters will pull it LONG before it can get there.

Angry Birds: The movie had a 51% drop this weekend, it won't rebound that much. Also, a 4.35x will not happen.

Nice Guys: This is actually somewhat reasonable providing the drops the next few weeks are low.

Money Monster: Again, you're being way too high on the drops for this movie. You always expect big drops that never happen.

I'm a newbie to this, and pulling for this movie besides, but if they pull X-Men Apocalypse, which is still number one by a distance on Pulse and MT, what are they going to replace it with?  Down line when something popular cycles in, sure.  But until then, what would you do if you owned the theaters?

I'm hoping the fact that (to me) the movie was a ton better than the reviews made it sound will make it less front loaded than prior X-Men movies.  I'm not betting on it, because I know how much I don't know. But I am hoping.

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

There. I actually really appreciate this.

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

My daily dose of johnboy predictions. I totally needed that.

Wait, is this becoming "a thing" now? That is awesome

Edited by johnboy3434
  • Like 2

Just now, trifle said:

I'm a newbie to this, and pulling for this movie besides, but if they pull X-Men Apocalypse, which is still number one by a distance on Pulse and MT, what are they going to replace it with?  Down line when something popular cycles in, sure.  But until then, what would you do if you owned the theaters?

I'm hoping the fact that (to me) the movie was a ton better than the reviews made it sound will make it less front loaded than prior X-Men movies.  I'm not betting on it, because I know how much I don't know. But I am hoping.

Reasonably speaking Apocalypse will have steady pulls. Next weekend it's in store for at least a 500-600 theater loss (your really small theaters). The weekend of Dory theaters are going to need screens, this is where the midsize range (8-12) starts pulling. Come Fourth of July there are 4 new releases and theaters need the screens, this is when you'll start seeing it get pulled from big multiplexes. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, trifle said:

I'm a newbie to this, and pulling for this movie besides, but if they pull X-Men Apocalypse, which is still number one by a distance on Pulse and MT, what are they going to replace it with?

They won't pull the movie this week -- they've got contractual obligations and it's still making plenty of money in the grand scheme of things. But harsh drops (typical these days) generally mean that movies start losing theaters after 2-3 weeks, and after weeks 5-6 or so, they start losing 'em in bulk. That's one of the reasons most blockbusters don't reach even a 3x multiplier very often anymore.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, johnboy3434 said:

There. I actually really appreciate this.

And tomorrow you'll still overestimate everything. We've been telling you for weeks that you do. It's not our responsibility to correct you. 

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Reasonably speaking Apocalypse will have steady pulls. Next weekend it's in store for at least a 500-600 theater loss (your really small theaters). The weekend of Dory theaters are going to need screens, this is where the midsize range (8-12) starts pulling. Come Fourth of July there are 4 new releases and theaters need the screens, this is when you'll start seeing it get pulled from big multiplexes. 

OK, I can see that.  But since TMNT and Alice have such a big theater commitment, wouldn't those be pulled first for Dory?  I agree Dory will be big.  I also agree about the 4th of July, I just don't know how much XA can make between now and then.

1 minute ago, RichWS said:

And tomorrow you'll still overestimate everything. We've been telling you for weeks that you do. It's not our responsibility to correct you. 

True, but if you're not going to either correct me or agree with me, it's best not to say anything at all. Poking fun at me contributes even less than my bad predictions do.

• Like 3