cannastop

Tuesday: Apoc $6.5M, Alice 2 $2.8M, Angry Birds $1.8M, Cap3 $1.5M, Neighbors 2 $1.3M

Just now, RichWS said:

Trust me, I lived there for almost 10 years until April. Union Square has never had matinees and it's a new thing at E-Walk.

It's probably the competition from the AMC Empire 25 that's one jaywalk away from the Regal E-Walk.

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

It's probably the competition from the AMC Empire 25 that's one jaywalk away from the Regal E-Walk.

I would imagine. The E-Walk is a much nicer place, but Empire has twice the screens so it always has better movies and theater-hopping. 

18 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

So compared with DOFP, X:A has a better hold today and will (almost certainly) have a worse drop tomorrow. All par for the course.

At this point, I am just discounting ( :ph34r: ) Tuesday holds for movies just based on the past few weeks. Everything holds really well on Tuesday, the Wednesday drops are where we start seeing the true trajectory of a movie.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, department store basement said:

Wow, Popstar is actually getting very good reviews.

I'm not gonna see it in theaters, but I'll check it out in a few months. I like Lonely Island and Hot Rod is pretty damn funny. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

So compared with DOFP, X:A has a better hold today and will (almost certainly) have a worse drop tomorrow. All par for the course.

Yep, wonder if the reception means it'll have a demonstrably worse weekend drop than DOFP. DOFP wasn't exactly leggy (actually had one of the worst post-MD weekend drops in recent years)

Deadline's new favorite word - Sequelitis.

They use it in every weekend preview and weekend report, it's the first word in this weekend's preview article

http://deadline.com/2016/06/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-out-of-the-shadows-me-before-you-pop-star-box-office-preview-1201765435/

Sequelitis will continue to grip summer in the wake of a Memorial Day ennui which served up 20th Century Fox’s underperformer X-Men: Apocalypse and Disney’s disastrous Alice Through the Looking Glass. Overall, the average opening for a wide release sequel this year is -19% from its previous installment, so don’t expect Paramount’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows to top the surprise $65.6M opening of its 2014 reboot.

Also

Emilia Clarke, who is beloved for her role as Daenerys Targaryen aka Dragon Lady

:rofl::rofl: 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, department store basement said:

Looks like I HEAVILY overestimated TMNT2's numbers.

I don't understand why its opening would drop over 50% from the first one's.

It's not like the first one was received all that well. 

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

I know at my theatre chain tickets are six bucks instead of 11. Tuesday's are most of the time our busiest day of the week. And at least in Canada it's pretty widespread. 

Here in the UK, Tuesday & Wednesday have two for one tickets nationwide for people who buy insurance through an insurance website. The difference at the box office is crazy.