kayumanggi

WONDER WOMAN | 409.2 M overseas ● 821.8 M worldwide

Wonder Woman's final worldwide numbers will probably be anything between X-Men Apocalypse ( 543 million ) and Logan ( 608 million ). Perhaps a bit smaller number than Apocalypse.

Both Logan and Apocalypse had 381/388 million overseas, but lower domestic grosses ( 227/155 million ). Wonder Woman will probably have a better domestic performance, but lower overseas numbers.

If WW gets a 2.4x multiplier ( like SS ) and makes 100 million for opening weekend, it'll finish its run with 240 million. If it makes 290-300 million overseas, then it finishes with 530/540 million worldwide, almost the same numbers that Apocalypse did. 

If it gets a better multiplier ( 2.6x ) and makes 100 million, it'll finish its run with 260 million. It could still make 290-300 million overseas, or perhaps a little more ( 320-330 ), to get almost 600 million worldwide.

Now, maybe it gets a high 3x multiplier ( or even higher ), but I'm not taking it for granted now. Better be realistic. At worst: Little less than X-Men Apocalypse. At best: Logan's numbers. Anything higher than Logan, should be a plus. :)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Wonder Woman's final worldwide numbers will probably be anything between X-Men Apocalypse ( 543 million ) and Logan ( 608 million ). Perhaps a bit smaller number than Apocalypse.

Both Logan and Apocalypse had 381/388 million overseas, but lower domestic grosses ( 227/155 million ). Wonder Woman will probably have a better domestic performance, but lower overseas numbers.

If WW gets a 2.4x multiplier ( like SS ) and makes 100 million for opening weekend, it'll finish its run with 240 million. If it makes 290-300 million overseas, then it finishes with 530/540 million worldwide, almost the same numbers that Apocalypse did. 

If it gets a better multiplier ( 2.6x ) and makes 100 million, it'll finish its run with 260 million. It could still make 290-300 million overseas, or perhaps a little more ( 320-330 ), to get almost 600 million worldwide.

Now, maybe it gets a high 3x multiplier ( or even higher ), but I'm not taking it for granted now. Better be realistic. At worst: Little less than X-Men Apocalypse. At best: Logan's numbers. Anything higher than Logan, should be a plus. :)

Wonder Woman will beat Apocalypse worldwide, I have no doubts about it, WW has not debuted everywhere, there are still major markets to debut in the coming weeks, Man of Steel made $60m in those markets that Wonder Woman has not debuted yet, WW will do At least $40m in these remaining markets.

For now I think Wonder Woman will make  $260m or $290m domestic, and $310m or $360m OS.  between $570m Worldwide and $650m Worldwide.

Edited by bruchav

5 hours ago, bruchav said:

Hmmm No!

X-men: Apocalypse made $8,5 opening weekend in South Korea,  Wonder Woman already  made $5.955m (by Saturday here), and will make at least $7M on opening weekend.

X-men: Apocalypse made $4,6 opening weekend in Australia, Wonder Woman made $$1.9(by friday) WW will get those $4.6m that Apocalypse made, so it will not make a smaller opening like you said.

X-men: Apocalypse made $10.6m opening weekend in UK .Wonder Woman will make around $8m here on Opening Weekend, Apocalypse made $24m total in the UK , Wonder Woman will have better legs for sure, Apocalypse had a bad word-of-mouth, WW will have no problem reaching that mark here.

So we can see that your claim that Apocalypse has much larger openings in these countries is not true after all, and Wonder Woman will have better legs than Apocalype, I have no doubts about that.

Wonder Woman is opening  better then Apocalypse in other big markets like Brazil and Mexico, and will certainly have better legs as well.

Wonder Woman will probably make about $ 45m Less than Apocalypse did in China, but  will beat Apocalypse OS -China numbers , I think $ 345m is a good shot for now.

I said $350m might be the high and you said it might have  a shot at $345m - and that's different how? 

I mentioned just three markets: China, SK and UK where it did open much less - 30-50% less.

X-Men opened to $11.4m in South Korea over it's extended w/e, the $8.5m is the Fri-Sun.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/intl/korea/?yr=2016&wk=22&p=new

It might have the legs to outpace it's UK total but it won't come near it in China or most likely SK.

WW in the Mexico topic is stated to open to $8m+.  Apoc opened to $8,489,385 - so about the same

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/intl/mexico/?yr=2016&wk=21&p=new

I  didn't  say it would open less in every market, hence I didn't say it wouldn't make it to $300m.   But for every Australia there's Italy, Argentina (and maybe Russia) where it opened smaller.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I said $350m might be the high and you said it might have  a shot at $345m - and that's different how? 

I mentioned just three markets: China, SK and UK where it did open much less - 30-50% less.

X-Men opened to $11.4m in South Korea over it's extended w/e, the $8.5m is the Fri-Sun.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/intl/korea/?yr=2016&wk=22&p=new

It might have the legs to outpace it's UK total but it won't come near it in China or most likely SK.

WW in the Mexico topic is stated to open to $8m+.  Apoc opened to $8,489,385 - so about the same

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/intl/mexico/?yr=2016&wk=21&p=new

I  didn't  say it would open less in every market, hence I didn't say it wouldn't make it to $300m.   But for every Australia there's Italy, Argentina (and maybe Russia) where it opened smaller.

You said...

"X-Men Apoc did $388m and that was with $120m in China and higher openings in big markets like SK & UK.  That could be a $70-75m+ difference just from those 3 markets."

$70-75m+ difference in those markets? Apocalypse made $ 165m in those 3 markets, so Wonder Woman would have to make just $ 90-95m total in those countries to make that difference you say will happen, Wonder Woman will make around $51m in those 3 markets on the opening weekend, you Do you think Wonder Woman will make just more $ 39-44m in these 3 markets by the end of your run? Which would be a multiplier of x1.8 in these 3 markets? I know that China is not market with good legs, but UK is, and your afirmation is clearly wrong.

Not to mention that you only cite the markets that Apocalypse has an advantage, but  totally ignores the markets in which Wonder Woman is doing better, And will have  better legs too, since Apocalypse was a badly received film by critics and fans/public, Wonder Woman is the opposite.

12 hours ago, boxofficestory said:

WW is awful in Italy.

Yeah Italy was the worst result so far(Along with Russia and maybe Australia) , but Italy does not seem to be a really big market for superhero movies these days (especially from DC) Man of Steel made just $6.1m  total in Italy in 2013 (When EURO was much stronger), So I no longer expected Wonder Woman to have a good result in Italy.

Just for comparison, Wonder Woman will make more than $7m in Brazil this weekend, much more than Wonder Woman should do in their total run in Italy, and Brazil has good legs as well.

Edited by bruchav
  • Like 2

WW is doing well in brazil and other  Latin American countries as well as South Korea, China and other Asian countries. 

It is not doing too well in Australia, UK, Italy and Russia and I doubt it will do well in other European countries as well Japan. 

We will have better indications of its legs by the end of the second week when it opens in remaining countries. 

I see it doing around 280 +/-10m domestic and somewhere around 370m OS (75-80 mil in China) for a total around 650m WW. Which would be decent and right around the number I expected. 

Edited by ZeeSoh

17 minutes ago, Finnick said:

WONDER WOMAN DEBUTED WITH $223M WW

Result in the UK is disappointing, I do not know if these terrorist attacks this weekend in the UK had an big impact on those numbers,  next  weeks will say.

Edited by bruchav

11 minutes ago, Finnick said:

WONDER WOMAN DEBUTED WITH $223M WW

Fantastic results in Brazil and Mexico, I think it's the 3rd biggest debut of the year in Brazil only behind  Beauty and Beast and Furious 8, and good numbers in South Korea and China.

Massive numbers OS!

Well, taking off China, and applying an 2.8x multiple would bring at least $235m from these markets. China will bring at least $80m, so, $315m coming from this bunch. 

The next main countries:

France:

SS: $19m
BVS: $21m
WW: $14m (?)

Germany:

SS: $18.5m
BVS: $18.9m
WW: $13m (?)

Spain:

SS: $12.2m
BVS: $11.3m
WW: $7m (?)

Japan:

SS: $15m
BVS: $16m
WW: $12m (?) 

At least $15m from the rest of countries.

A total around $360m-$380m seems likely. 

With at least $240m coming from DOM, I can say that $600m is locked. 

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

The Brazilian number is better than expected, glad :D

Diana destroyed the comeback of a certain team even with worse ER and without a sunday pre holiday. amazing!!!! You can save the Galaxy alone, Diana!!!!

Edited by alisson23
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Massive numbers OS!

Well, taking off China, and applying an 2.8x multiple would bring at least $235m from these markets. China will bring at least $80m, so, $315m coming from this bunch. 

The next main countries:

France:

SS: $19m
BVS: $21m
WW: $14m (?)

Germany:

SS: $18.5m
BVS: $18.9m
WW: $13m (?)

Spain:

SS: $12.2m
BVS: $11.3m
WW: $7m (?)

Japan:

SS: $15m
BVS: $16m
WW: $12m (?) 

At least $15m from the rest of countries.

A total around $360m-$380m seems likely. 

With at least $240m coming from DOM, I can say that $600m is locked. 

I have a different vision. To me it looks more like...

Taking off China out of these markets that opened this weekend= $84.5m multiplier 2.6x = $219.7m + $72m in China= $291.7m(a bit conservative but realistic).

Man of Steel made about $61m in the markets that Wonder Woman has not debuted yet, I think Wonder Woman will make at least $40m here, so...

$331m Overseas

+

$260-285m Domestic

Then it would be between

=$591m and $616m Worlwide.

Edited by bruchav

From deadline

SUNDAY UPDATE, Refresh for latest: In her maiden outing, Warner Bros Wonder Woman dominated the international box office with $122.5M on 34,300 screens in 55 markets this weekend — and that’s without such major hubs as France, Germany and others. In overall terms overseas, the movie outperformed such key superhero comps as Thor 1 & 2, Iron Man 1 & 2, Guardians Of The Galaxy 1 & 2, Doctor Strange, Captain America 1 & 2, Man Of Steel and Ant-Man. The global cume on the Patty Jenkins-helmed DC pic is $223M.

China leads play abroad with $38M for the 4th biggest WB launch ever in the Middle Kingdom. Across Asia, Gal Gadot’s warrior princess of Themyscira is No. 1 in all 10 hubs that have opened thus far. Korea is the 2nd biggest start for Wonder Woman with $8.5M, followed by Mexico ($8.4M), Brazil ($8.3M) and the UK ($7.5M — box office is likely to be affected in the UK today following last night’s deadly terror attack in London).