kayumanggi

WONDER WOMAN | 409.2 M overseas ● 821.8 M worldwide

6 minutes ago, alisson23 said:

Diana destroyed the comeback of a certain team even with worse ER and without weekend pre holiday. amazing!!!! You can save the Galaxy alone, Diana!!!!

Stop with your trolling, you're tiring, grow up!

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, alisson23 said:

From deadline

SUNDAY UPDATE, Refresh for latest: In her maiden outing, Warner Bros Wonder Woman dominated the international box office with $122.5M on 34,300 screens in 55 markets this weekend — and that’s without such major hubs as France, Germany and others. In overall terms overseas, the movie outperformed such key superhero comps as Thor 1 & 2, Iron Man 1 & 2, Guardians Of The Galaxy 1 & 2, Doctor Strange, Captain America 1 & 2, Man Of Steel and Ant-Man. The global cume on the Patty Jenkins-helmed DC pic is $223M.

China leads play abroad with $38M for the 4th biggest WB launch ever in the Middle Kingdom. Across Asia, Gal Gadot’s warrior princess of Themyscira is No. 1 in all 10 hubs that have opened thus far. Korea is the 2nd biggest start for Wonder Woman with $8.5M, followed by Mexico ($8.4M), Brazil ($8.3M) and the UK ($7.5M — box office is likely to be affected in the UK today following last night’s deadly terror attack in London).

"box office is likely to be affected in the UK today following last night’s deadly terror attack in London)."

Thinking only about Wonder Woman numbers in the UK , I hope it's true, That these terrorist attacks really affected Wonder Woman's performance in the UK this weekend (And also the fear left with the other recent attack in Manchester), Because  results of pirates 5 in the UK last week were also disappointing

Edited by bruchav

13 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Trolling??? This is an amazing number for WW. I don't know how you see the opposite. You who is trolling. 

Second bigger ow for a origin movie here!!! I love it!

Edited by alisson23

2 minutes ago, alisson23 said:

Trolling??? This is an amazing number for WW. I don't know how you see the opposite. You who is trolling. 

Second bigger ow for a origin movie here!!! I love it!

You keep needing to bring up that GOTG2 didn't do as well as Wonder Woman in Brazil which is obviously trolling. If you'd like, we can bring up all the markets that GOTG2 is bigger than Wonder Woman in but that would just be extremely petty and unecessary. 

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, alisson23 said:

Diana destroyed the comeback of a certain team even with worse ER and without a sunday pre holiday. amazing!!!! You can save the Galaxy alone, Diana!!!!

Dude stfu. Your trolling is getting really tiresome. You happened to miss the Gotg os number btw. So you have no room to talk.

• Like 1

"box office is likely to be affected in the UK today following last night’s deadly terror attack in London)."

Thinking only about Wonder Woman numbers in the UK , I hope it's true, That these terrorist attacks really affected Wonder Woman's performance in the UK this weekend (And also the fear left with the other recent attack in Manchester), Because  results of pirates 5 in the UK last week were also disappointing

I think Heretic mentioned in UK thread that the Manchester attack had not much effect to last weekends (PotC5) BO.

"In overall terms overseas, the movie outperformed such key (and male-led) superhero comps as Thor 1 & 2, Iron Man 1 & 2, Guardians Of The Galaxy 1 & 2, Doctor Strange, Captain America 1 & 2, Man Of Steel and Ant-Man."

I don't think $400m is dead. It opened bigger than MOS.

36 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

18 minutes ago, Nova said:

You keep needing to bring up that GOTG2 didn't do as well as Wonder Woman in Brazil which is obviously trolling. If you'd like, we can bring up all the markets that GOTG2 is bigger than Wonder Woman in but that would just be extremely petty and unecessary. 

12 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Just report the troll and move on. These people never learn and it is a waste of time to engage them or try to reason with them. Just report to a mod and move on

17 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Dude stfu. Your trolling is getting really tiresome. You happened to miss the Gotg os number btw. So you have no room to talk.

@God Emperor Tele delete these posts and this one, please. They have nothing to do with this thread.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bruchav said:

I have a different vision. To me it looks more like...

Taking off China out of these markets that opened this weekend= $84.5m multiplier 2.6x = $219.7m + $72m in China= $291.7m(a bit conservative but realistic).

Man of Steel made about $61m in the markets that Wonder Woman has not debuted yet, I think Wonder Woman will make at least $40m here, so...

$331m Overseas

+

$260-285m Domestic

Then it would be between

=$591m and $616m Worlwide.

I can see your point, but I disagree. Wonder Woman has been reaching at least 65%-75% of BVS/SS' OW in most of countries, I don't see why it will fail to follow this pattern in the upcoming countries.

42 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

aLLilIqd4ZwP7IpI9AxR2vYozthtUrpa8b4Iq1xi

Top opening markets we have all the comparative #s for so far

BVS: $134.42m

MOS: $80.2m

WW: $80.4m

The UK number is so out of line of the others market, that it seem to indicate a huge impact from that terror attack.

Total:

BvS: 134 m / 542.9 total (4.05)

Mos: 80m / 377 m total (4.71)

WW: 80.4m

If WW follow MoS it should do around 380m intl

If WW follow BvS it should do around 325m intl

Edited by Barnack

Just now, Barnack said:

The UK number is so out of line of the others market, that it seem to indicate a huge impact from that terror attack.

That number is pretty in line with it's Thur number though.  The weather seems to have a greater impact on the UK movie scene than the Terror attacks.  If it's sunny, movie attendance plummets - like in Germany.

• Like 1

Wonder Woman was never going to open as big as BvS. It didn't open anywhere near it in the US, why would it open on the same level here? 

Legs will be better. And I don't think terror attacks have much impact on UK BO.

• Like 1