La Binoche

Weekend #s June 3-5: TMNT2 35.25m, X:A 22.3m, MBY 18.27m, Alice 10.69m, Birds 9.775m

TMNT is just following the trend of poorly-reviewed live-action movies based on cartoon shows falling off. For example:

Scooby-Doo: $153M

Scooby-Doo 2: $84M

Garfield: $75M

Garfield 2: $28M

The Smurfs: $142M

The Smurfs 2: $71M

And even though the second outing was a prequel, The Flintstones dropped from $130M to $35M.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

The first Tmnt largely benefitted from being the last big picture of summer 2014 and an empty August to early September. Wonder if GOTG2 might also suffer somewhat because of similar issues.

Well the difference is GOTG 2  had good wom, and is kicking off summer. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

TMNT is just following the trend of poorly-reviewed live-action movies based on cartoon shows falling off. For example:

Scooby-Doo: $153M

Scooby-Doo 2: $84M

Garfield: $75M

Garfield 2: $28M

The Smurfs: $142M

The Smurfs 2: $71M

And even though the second outing was a prequel, The Flintstones dropped from $130M to $35M.

Divergent

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

Time for dat Transformers-Ninja Turtles crossover.

@ParamountPictures, @MichaelBay

Nah, they'll wait a few years and reboot with an animated movie like Sony is doing with The Smurfs and WB is doing with Scooby-Doo.

• Astonished 1

28 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Is the number for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles really that bad? The last one opened in August this one is opening in June when schools are still in. Isn't this primarily a kids movie. Arer numbers really expect it to be that big on a Thursday night?

100 m DOM might not happen.

That's pretty bad considering the first one made 180 m DOM.

Plus, people seem to like this one better and it's still doing way worse.

4 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Paramount is fucked.

American Audiences are done with toon and toy adaptations.

RIP Hasbro Cinematic Universe and TMNT

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Baumer said:

? Most schools do not go back at all in August or at least in the early part of August. And yet all schools are in right now. If I'm wrong I'm wrong but there's no way Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles opens up to 25 million or less.

We've been out since May 18. We go back August 10.

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Paramount is fucked.

American Audiences are done with toon and toy adaptations.

RIP Hasbro Cinematic Universe and TMNT

Dat Bumblebee Transformers movie tho, everybody is dying to see this movie, right ?

I can feel the hype building already ...

:ph34r:

I kinda blame Kevin Feige to convince Hollywood executives that because your movie is derived from a known brand it s gonna make money no matter what ...

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

I kinda blame Kevin Feige to convince Hollywood executives that because your movie is derived from a known brand it s gonna make money no matter what ...

Not his fault people took the wrong lessons from his success! Do people forget that in 2008, Marvel released one beloved movie and one blegh movie. The well-liked one was a giant hit and the other one flopped.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

I am not sure how that works with Megan Fox having a character in each franchise

Spoiler

but in a Halloween (?) party in TMNT2 a kid is dressed of a Transformers. Like, he is a car and turns into Bumblebee and Michael Angelo talks to him. So they have to exist in the same world, right? :ph34r:

• Like 2