La Binoche

Weekend #s June 3-5: TMNT2 35.25m, X:A 22.3m, MBY 18.27m, Alice 10.69m, Birds 9.775m

Just now, The Panda said:

Why do people still even mention CinemaScore?  For the hundredth time?

Because if the movie in question looks like one that you might like, Cinemascore is a good indicator of whether or not you will like it. Its applications beyond that might be limited, but it doesn't really need an application beyond that.

1 hour ago, Blackout said:

so a 123% jump for XA? hopefully it holds

37 minutes ago, a2knet said:

DOFP jumped 89.5% on 1st Friday and 46.5% on Sat.

If APOC is gonna jump 125% on Friday (8m), I would expect a flatter Sat.

But really feel the Friday will end up at 6.75-7m.

Deadline is often off by 10% on early projections. 7m is more likely.

Evening numbers in an hour

I've been thinking 37-39 for a while, but I 45-50 is looking doable with good buzz and reviews behind it. It might be another sequel but the competition is so pathetic right, people could jump aboard on a well-reviewed genre film.  Plus, if Insidious 2 can open to $40m, I would think this can beat that. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RichWS said:

I've been thinking 37-39 for a while, but I 45-50 is looking doable with good buzz and reviews behind it. It might be another sequel but the competition is so pathetic right, people could jump aboard on a well-reviewed genre film.  Plus, if Insidious 2 can open to $40m, I would think this can beat that. 

Yeah I agree. I think people are highly underestimating it. If the good reviews continue, people will pay attention. It's this generations biggest horror franchise next to Insidious and Paranormal Activity. The difference is those usually don't get great reviews. But we'll see where it stands next week.

So far I've heard it delivers a different experience then the first.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RichWS said:

Yep. If Annabelle can get $37m alone I think 45-50 is doable. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, a2knet said:

TMNT2 previews started at 5pm. Is that the earliest ever?

I don't know why they bother anymore. Open Thursday and be done with it.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

Also, that Quicksilver scene in Apocalypse is effing awesome!

Best scene of the movie. There were other scenes that were good (the whole bit with Fassbender in the beginning was also good, imo), but that was the one part that was genuinely creative and fun. Which is funny, because the trailers did an awful job of capturing it.

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

I'm more of a Fallout guy. I hope Obsidian does the next Fallout. I think they did better than Bethesda story wise. 

Yup, they did. Fallout 3 is boring as hell. Fallout: New Vegas is a masterpiece.

I didn't even bother with Fallout 4.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Panda said:

Why do people still even mention CinemaScore?  For the hundredth time?

Who people make fun of movies that are apparently good like Popstar. People say stupid shit around here. 

5 minutes ago, UrosepsisFace said:

Went to a sold-out 10:20 showing for Me Before You. Several times during the movie I had surround-sound sniffles. Theater should sell klenex at the concession stand...

As the usher I counted people as they were leaving and took it by the total number of tickets. Exactly 1/3 (exactly) were either still crying leaving or had super red faces from crying.

9 minutes ago, UrosepsisFace said:

Went to a sold-out 10:20 showing for Me Before You. Several times during the movie I had surround-sound sniffles. Theater should sell klenex at the concession stand...

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

As the usher I counted people as they were leaving and took it by the total number of tickets. Exactly 1/3 (exactly) were either still crying leaving or had super red faces from crying.

Sounds like a big hit. The British Intouchables