La Binoche

Weekend #s June 3-5: TMNT2 35.25m, X:A 22.3m, MBY 18.27m, Alice 10.69m, Birds 9.775m

Shame on you movie studio for not satisfying ME. Forget all those who liked your movie and made it a 700m+ WW blockbuster.

Forget the millions of other people.

How dare you not please ME?

worldme.jpg

• Like 9

TMNT 2 on its way to $90-95 million DOM. 

X-Men - Apocalypse, Alice 2, Angry Birds and Neighbors 2 are still having terrible legs.

Civil War will finish above $400 million DOM, but barely. 

Me Before You should become a leggy hit with no competition for quite some time. I could see $60-70 million DOM.

Hopefully, Conjuring 2 can surprise with a $50-55 million OW and Warcraft opens with $30 million+. The BO needs something good to cheer for :lol:

• Like 2

X-Men looks like it will finish in the $170-180 million range in the US. Not sure why that is the least bit surprisng. DOFP, which was a great movie that had X-men's most famous storyline and the old and new cast made $233 million in the US. If Apolcalypse had much better reviews and a better release date it still would have made in the low $200 million range. The franchise has a long history upon which to base expectations.   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, straggler said:

X-Men looks like it will finish in the $170-180 million range in the US. Not sure why that is the least bit surprisng. DOFP, which was a great movie that had X-men's most famous storyline and the old and new cast made $233 million in the US. If Apolcalypse had much better reviews and a better release date it still would have made in the low $200 million range. The franchise has a long history upon which to base expectations.   

145-155m for APOC.

Edited by a2knet

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

145-155m for APOC.

Few months ago, we were talking about 280-320M for APOC, if anyone guessed these true low numbers back then we could call him insane. These summer numbers are alarming and really a game changer for the movie business in the future.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, leatherjacket said:

Few months ago, we were talking about 280-320M for APOC, if anyone guessed these true low numbers back then we could call him insane. These summer numbers are alarming and really a game changer for the movie business in the future.

I don't remember people talking 280-320m. I certainly remember people talking about 180-220m. So it will go lower than expectations surely. But with 3 big grossing CBMs before it, no wolvie and meh marketing, ~150m dom, down from 180-220m is not a shocker imo. Just underwhelming.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, mahnamahna said:

TMNT 2 on its way to $90-95 million DOM. 

X-Men - Apocalypse, Alice 2, Angry Birds and Neighbors 2 are still having terrible legs.

Civil War will finish above $400 million DOM, but barely. 

Me Before You should become a leggy hit with no competition for quite some time. I could see $60-70 million DOM.

Hopefully, Conjuring 2 can surprise with a $50-55 million OW and Warcraft opens with $30 million+. The BO needs something good to cheer for :lol:

For CIVIL WAR, I remember many were saying this can cross 500m DOM or even challenge TDK

And for X-MEN, I remember some saying 250m DOM at least.

This summer is a mess. I really hope PETS and DORY save it. Otherwise, it will be 2014 all over again

• Like 1

X-Men: Apocalypse is performing according to how the X-Franchise has always performed. WW it will be the second highest grossing X-flick (not counting Deadpool). And domestically, it will finish somewhere around First Class, the only other X-Men movie without Wolverine in a major role. It's on the lower side of expectations, but I don't see what the doom and gloom is all about. Domestically, it also had to battle negative reviews and no IMAX screens. It made no sense to me how/why so many people took it for granted that Apocalypse could beat DoFP.

• Like 5

Better number for TMNT2 than originally thought - better for my derby and summer game lol :( poor things 

Alice well, the less said the better and Apocalypse is doing what was expected no more no less. 

2 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

X-Men: Apocalypse is performing according to how the X-Franchise has always performed. WW it will be the second highest grossing X-flick (not counting Deadpool). And domestically, it will finish somewhere around First Class, the only other X-Men movie without Wolverine in a major role. It's on the lower side of expectations, but I don't see what the doom and gloom is all about. Domestically, it also had to battle negative reviews and no IMAX screens. It made no sense to me how/why so many people took it for granted that Apocalypse could beat DoFP.

DOFP didn't have IMAX in the US either.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Out Of The Shadows less than half of TMNT '14's OW. Apocalypse's drop nearly as bad as BVS'. Alice 2 nearly at 10M, which is what the 1st almost grossed in its 5th weekend. Popstar a bomb on Young Messiah/Brothers Grimsby proportions.

LEGSTLEMANIA II IS GONNA BE AMAZING, FOLKS.

Everyone's legs: ;)

giphy.gif

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Out Of The Shadows less than half of TMNT '14's OW. Apocalypse's drop nearly as bad as BVS'. Alice 2 nearly at 10M, which is what the 1st almost grossed in its 5th weekend. Popstar a bomb on Young Messiah/Brothers Grimsby proportions.

LEGSTLEMANIA II IS GONNA BE AMAZING, FOLKS.

Not so sexy legs.

• Like 2