WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 50): The Conjuring 40.3M | Warcraft 24M | NYSM 23M| TMNT 14.8M | X-Men 10M | Me Before You 9.2M

2 minutes ago, snitch said:

I have some very harsh words for the american audience.

Honestly, i'm starting to think that it's not the movies fault it's just that american audience want only Disney, Comic books ans Star Wars movies. 

lol

6 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Warcraft is having terrible legs in China (it opened Wednesday):

Wednesday: 45.7M

Thursday: 46M

Friday: 32.9M

126.6M Total

Some in the China thread are saying it might not hit 250M.

Anything that grossed more than $200M in China is considered a good hit in my book.

CA:CW not doing Ultron's number a failure? BvS' $870M WW a failure?

Is this a crazy world we are living in?

55 minutes ago, Belakor said:

Universal is nothing here, Blizzard is who make these decisions, Legendary also.

Give a bigger production number in the CHinese  part like 70 instead of 50% and problem solved.It will make huge numbers in CHina and not only as a movie but in marketing aswell.(Chinese prod company 15% up in chinese stoke market the last 4 days)

Plus first movie was the most difficult, it had the task to put everyone in the world in 2 hours.It had the weakest story among all warcraft universe, and it had to use new CGI methods and create countless armors. IF they decide to amke a second movie they have already better story(THrall most legendary character in warcraft universe...ARthas and Illidan coming.

They just need to do 2 things, bigger movie(at least 2h 30 min) and recruits  at least 1-2 big stars.Wether we like it or not stars attract audiences a lot in USA

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rentaro1989 said:

Give a bigger production number in the CHinese  part like 70 instead of 50% and problem solved.It will make huge numbers in CHina and not only as a movie but in marketing aswell.(Chinese prod company 15% up in chinese stoke market the last 4 days)

Plus first movie was the most difficult, it had the task to put everyone in the world in 2 hours.It had the weakest story among all warcraft universe, and it had to use new CGI methods and create countless armors. IF they decide to amke a second movie they have already better story(THrall most legendary character in warcraft universe...ARthas and Illidan coming.

They just need to do 2 things, bigger movie(at least 2h 30 min) and recruits  at least 1-2 big stars.Wether we like it or not stars attract audiences a lot in USA

I highly doubt any "big stars" would want to sign on for a sequel to this.

1 minute ago, Rentaro1989 said:

Liam neeson for Uther and Idris elba for Grommash. that is my dream cast.

2 hours ago, Gopher said:

I think the trend still works - traditionally you don't want your sequel to open 20% below the original - but I think it's a testament to the original's strong word of mouth that this one didn't drop more. I kind of wonder if it could've cleared 30m with a January weekend. 

TMNT2, Neighbors 2, and Alice 2 under this rule :sadben:

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, zackzack said:

Anything that grossed more than $200M in China is considered a good hit in my book.

CA:CW not doing Ultron's number a failure? BvS' $870M WW a failure?

Is this a crazy world we are living in?

FUN FACT:

WARCRAFT IS GOING TO DO MORE MONEY THERE THAN CIVIL WAR.

Deadline:

The Conjuring 2 eyeing $33M-$35M, Warcraft potentially slotting second place with $31M

2ND UPDATE, Friday 12:12 PM: Don’t underestimate the power of Universal-Legendary’s $160M beast WarcraftThe movie adaptation of the Blizzard Entertainment video game franchise is coming on strong in its matinees, potentially slotting second place with $31M for the weekend behind Warner Bros./New Line’s The Conjuring 2, which is eyeing $33M-$35M. Heading into the weekend, the assessment was that interest in Warcraft had waned among its fan base, which peaked back in 2010 with more than 12M subscribers. That figure has settled to 5.6M. Yet one studio executive says that out of this weekend’s three wide entries, Warcraft is the title with the most fan engagement and brand value. ComScore’s PostTrak observed in its early polls that 31% of those who watched Warcraft identified themselves as serious gamers. Guys are crowding showtimes at 72%. I now hear that the appropriate break-even for Warcraft given its P&A of $110M and $160M production cost is around $500M at the global B.O., not $400M or $450M. Foreign sources think China ultimately could cash in $200M-$250M by the end of its run. Through Sunday, the total international B.O. for the Duncan Jones-helmed movie should stand at $250M-$270M.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

i love press tours where the actors' faces are just saying "end me" the entire time so i would happily accept a warcraft sequel. 

We'll get that if the last Divergent film is made (jk no it won't).

• Like 1

I now hear that the appropriate break-even for Warcraft given its P&A of $110M and $160M production cost is around $500M at the global B.O., not $400M or $450M

Few weeks ago they kept talking about 400M, then 450M a few days ago and now 500M. At this pace next week it will be 600M.

Edited by Arlborn

I liked Warcraft, but its domestic numbers are horrible.

It has a budget of 160 million, plus 110 million for P&A.  The entire production budget is 270 million.

The Friday gross ( possibly 11 million ) is already including Thursday numbers, meaning the movie might actually only make 7.9 million. That's a disaster, at least domestic.

7 minutes ago, zackzack said:

Deadline:

The Conjuring 2 eyeing $33M-$35M, Warcraft potentially slotting second place with $31M

2ND UPDATE, Friday 12:12 PM: Don’t underestimate the power of Universal-Legendary’s $160M beast WarcraftThe movie adaptation of the Blizzard Entertainment video game franchise is coming on strong in its matinees, potentially slotting second place with $31M for the weekend behind Warner Bros./New Line’s The Conjuring 2, which is eyeing $33M-$35M. Heading into the weekend, the assessment was that interest in Warcraft had waned among its fan base, which peaked back in 2010 with more than 12M subscribers. That figure has settled to 5.6M. Yet one studio executive says that out of this weekend’s three wide entries, Warcraft is the title with the most fan engagement and brand value. ComScore’s PostTrak observed in its early polls that 31% of those who watched Warcraft identified themselves as serious gamers. Guys are crowding showtimes at 72%. I now hear that the appropriate break-even for Warcraft given its P&A of $110M and $160M production cost is around $500M at the global B.O., not $400M or $450M. Foreign sources think China ultimately could cash in $200M-$250M by the end of its run. Through Sunday, the total international B.O. for the Duncan Jones-helmed movie should stand at $250M-$270M.

A week ago before the crest of hype, the people who guessed it would do solidly were saying $30 mill and there were box office prediction sites predicting $24 million, if I recall.  Do we get an 'exceeds expectations' article from them on Monday?  I mean Deadline is thinking $31 million, apparently.

9 minutes ago, zackzack said:

Deadline:

So Deadline pulling numbers out of their asses again? How can they give wknd estimated without even referencing a Friday number?

16 minutes ago, Belakor said:

FUN FACT:

WARCRAFT IS GOING TO DO MORE MONEY THERE THAN CIVIL WAR.

Trust me it wont get past 550M mark, and Am being very optimistic!!! So, start your write down calculations!!!

Edited by Finnick