WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 50): The Conjuring 40.3M | Warcraft 24M | NYSM 23M| TMNT 14.8M | X-Men 10M | Me Before You 9.2M

2 hours ago, department store basement said:

At the grocery store. There's a rack with movies on sale for 5.99 (Dragonheart, RIPD, Tremors, Oblivion, 12 Monkeys, Serenity, and Waterworld). Each movie includes a sticker that redeems up to 8 dollars for a Warcraft ticket.

Universal is desperate huh?

Studios have been doing that forever and it has nothing to do with Universal being desperate. 

I'm thinking Conj2 will reach close to a 2.8x multi. No horror movies lately + good reviews and an A- CS. And up until now it is behaving almost exactly like TC. I can't wait for official estimates. If they come a tiny bit higher it will have the same midnights/OD ratio as TC.

3 hours ago, Finnick said:

The other movies,

4). Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows (PAR), 4,071 theaters / $3.7M Fri. (-70%) / 3-day cume: $13.2M (-62%)/Total Cume:$59.5M/Wk 2

5). X-Men: Apocalypse (FOX), 3,585 theaters (-568) / $3M Fri. (-54%) / 3-day cume: $10.7M (-53%) /Total cume: $137M/Wk 3

6). Me Before You (MGM/New Line/WB), 2,762 theaters (+58) / $3M Fri. (-62%) / 3-day cume: $9.4M (-50%)/Total cume: $37M/Wk 2

7). The Angry Birds Movie (SONY/ROVIO), 3,083 theaters (-401)/ $1.9M Fri. (-27%) / 3-day cume: $7.5M (-27%)/Total cume: $99M/ Wk 4

8). Alice Through the Looking Glass (Disney), 2,898 theaters (-865)/ $1.8M Fri. (-45%) / 3-day cume: $6.2M (-45%)/Total: $63.1M/Wk 3

9). Captain America: Civil War (Disney), 2,101 theaters (-983) / $1.3M Fri. (-36%)/ 3-day cume: $5M (-36%) /Total cume: $397.5M/ Wk 6

10). The Jungle Book (DIS), 1,496 theaters (-494) / $743K Fri. (-35%) / 3-day cume: $2.8M (-37%)/ Total cume: $352.7M / Wk 9

Looks like CW is having some good late legs

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, picores said:

I'd say this is first decent drop for Civil War since...ever? 410m will happen. At least Iron Man 3 will go down.

Should end around 410 yes. Pretty okay numbers. These Marvel have become more and more frontloaded

Good for Conjuring, even if a bit down from the first

Warcraft flops DOM as expected. With that horrid preview-to-OD ratio I don't expect good legs

Turtles and Alice continue to tank

Civil War finally has a decent hold

Jungle Book keeps on truckin'

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, CJohn said:

So many horrible numbers. They hurt my eyes and my feels. 3 more franchises that died this weekend. And I liked all 3 :sadben:

How did Conjuring die?

5 hours ago, La Binoche said:

Hollywood needs to pull its head out of Jennifer Lawrence's contrived, mediocre ass and give Vera Farmiga a great star vehicle. 

Ewww what a gross comment. Hollywood isn't The Highlander there can be more then one successful actress at a time just like the actors.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cookie said:

Good for Conjuring, even if a bit down from the first

Warcraft flops DOM as expected. With that horrid preview-to-OD ratio I don't expect good legs

Turtles and Alice continue to tank

Civil War finally has a decent hold

Jungle Book keeps on truckin'

I doubt those CA-CW numbers, the movie lost almost 1000 theater this week. Though, hope it overtake IM3 at the end. A very good movie with bad legs, how sad!!!

Warcraft isn't completely dead yet.  It could end up pulling a Kick-Ass 2 or Hellboy II and go to a new distributor for the US for the sequel.

Conjuring isn't dead for sure.  Annabelle 2 already has a May release spot, and I wouldn't be shocked in the slightest to see a 3rd one get greenlit.

NYSM already has a 3rd film in the planning stages.  As long as it makes at least 70M domestically and does well overseas, a 3rd film wouldn't surprise me.

The franchises aren't dead yet.