WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 50): The Conjuring 40.3M | Warcraft 24M | NYSM 23M| TMNT 14.8M | X-Men 10M | Me Before You 9.2M

Deadline really wants to put a spin on Warcraft's soft opening, don't they?

How the hell can Warcraft make 8 million on Saturday and Sunday? Like someone else said, they think this movie is only dropping 5%. lol

I think its opening is gonna be smaller ( 20 million )

Edited by Blaze Heatnix

• 11). Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising (UNI), 1,581 theaters (-836)/ $569K Fri. (-62%)/ 3-day cume: $1.87M (-62%)/Total cume: $52.8M/ Wk 4
  • 12). Pop Star: Never Stop Never Stopping (UNI), 2,313 theaters (+2) / $515K Fri. (-71%) / 3-day cume: $1.7M (-64%)/Total cume: $8.3M/Wk 2
  • 13.) The Nice Guys (WB), 1,147 theaters (-741)/ $459K Fri. (-52%) / 3-day cume: $1.67M (-52%)/Total: $32.2M/ Wk 4
  • 14.) Love & Friendship (AMZ/RSA), 826 theaters (+7) / $396k Fri. (-35%) / 3-day cume: $1.37M (-36%) /Total cume: $9.4M/Wk 5
  • 15.) The Lobster (A24), 560 theaters (0) / $232K Fri. (-42%)/ 3-day cume: $861K (-41%)/Total cume: $5.4M/Wk 5
  • Like 1

Just now, Blaze Heatnix said:

Deadline really wants to put a spin on Warcraft's soft opening, don't they?

How the hell can Wracraft make 8 million on Saturday and Sunday? Like someone else said, they think this movie is only dropping 5%. lol

I think its opening is gonna be smaller ( 20 million )

Yeah, they are making these numbers. Totally fake. They are just trolling BOT forum.

4 minutes ago, Jeff Goldblank said:

On a different note, I feel if it was the 90s, Patrick Wilson would at least be on Gary Sinise/Kevin Bacon level in fame. Maybe even bigger

Weird that no one cares about him despite leading two smash horror franchises and doing great work in small films like Little Children and on TV (Fargo). 

1 minute ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

nothing is breaking out, the numbers won't change +/- in weekend total more than 1 or 2 million either way

2 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

nothing is breaking out, the numbers won't change +/- in weekend total more than 1 or 2 million either way

I'm waiting for 39 million for conjuring

17 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Weird that no one cares about him despite leading two smash horror franchises and doing great work in small films like Little Children and on TV (Fargo). 

I couldn't believe how small of a role he had in BVS. I know he probably did the voice over as the president as a favor to Snyder but would it have been too much to give him some screen time. Hopefully he can be seen in the Ultimate Cut. It's a shame that neither him or Farmiga are more known considering the work both have done. Every time my friends see something with him it's oh hey it's the guy from Insidious, Conjuring, Watchmen, etc. 

Edited by Rman823

28 minutes ago, Jeff Goldblank said:

On a different note, I feel if it was the 90s, Patrick Wilson would at least be on Gary Sinise/Kevin Bacon level in fame. Maybe even bigger

He's so fucking hot I could DIE

52 minutes ago, Jeff Goldblank said:

IDK, there's something bland about him, it's like I like him when he's on screen but then afterwards there's barely any impression left.

Saw some numbers from my theatre for the earlier shows, but apparently the late shows were all pretty busy too (I know Warcraft was because I was in there). But just estimating here (and numbers are of course in our equivalency):

Warcraft: 11.5-12.2M friday

Conjuring 2: 9.8-11M friday

Now You See Me 2: around 10M friday

Turtles: 6.4-6.9M friday

Me Before You: 6-7M friday

Also, I really enjoyed certain parts of Warcraft (most of it was to do with the orcs). Not just the effects but their story, characters, arcs etc. was all really well done in that regard.

The human side of the film was disappointing for the most part. Not horrible, but that mixed with some storytelling that "I can't tell if it needed fat trimmed off or it needed more meat on the bones" stops me from saying the movie was really good and rather just "decent... a fun watch."

I hope we get at least 1 sequel though, I would like to see more from this world.

TMNT2's low 60s drop is not really surprising. TMNT1 dropped 57% itself. In it's 2nd weekend there were 3 openers but none of them crossed 20m. So TMNT2 with 2 opners doing 20m+ and 1 doing 35m was gonna have a bigger drop. 5% bigger than TMNT1 is fair, and fairly bad ^_^.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

Deadline has taken Friday to Friday drops and used them blindly as weekend drops. But the weekend drops will be bigger than Friday to Friday drops. The Sat bumps this weekend are always muted compared to the 1st weekend of June.

• Like 2