kayumanggi

ROUGH NIGHT | 06.16.17 | Sony

9 hours ago, Hatebox said:

Man, I know I really shouldn't care about Hollywood's lack of originality by now, but this is literally the same plot as Very Bad Things.

Which came out 20 years ago.

I'm definately gonna see this and maybe it's something more than the standard bad behaviour R rated comedy, but I'm not so sure about its BO potential even if it's good. Everyone comparing to Bad Moms but this movie has a very dark premise that will put some people off, even if it's played for laughs. The trailer on ytb already has a 50-50 ratios of like/dislike. Yes, some of it is from the usual internet trolls, but a lot of people will reject this just from the premise.

On 09/03/2017 at 5:05 PM, Hatebox said:

Man, I know I really shouldn't care about Hollywood's lack of originality by now, but this is literally the same plot as Very Bad Things.

Do you feel the same about Logan, Power Rangers, Ghost in the Shell, Kong, Fast and the Furious 8 and Beauty and the Beast?

9 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

Weren't we pissing on Bad Moms before it came out?

i'm sure some people were.  I think this will still do at least solid numbers, just to me the movie itself doesn't look good.  But i don't use my opinions on the movie to say it won't make money :P 

I re-watched the trailer for this, and it just looks like an extended SNL sketch. Not much chemistry between the actors at all, generic, a bunch of shit slapped together, etc. 

I think it could get some laughs, but I don't think this will be another Bad Moms scenario. But who knows, maybe I'm wrong. I just feel like it would've had more success a decade ago.

Edited by franfar
  • Like 1

The metric were there that Bad Moms would be big, the trailers was extremely well received: http://variety.com/2016/digital/news/bad-moms-trailer-tops-sisters-the-boss-trails-trainwreck-1201771616/ and had a better title/high concept.

I would also imagine that Bad moms was playing really well with the test audience (it got a A cinemascore after all), the studio did seem really confident and gave a big domestic release marketing push, with over 5000 national airing, spent money to get the big popular song and so on.

I doubt that it was a surprise tracking wise.

Rough Night would be one imo, surprise.

• Like 1

The character posters for this movie got released and they look tragic. 

I know I'm not the intended audience for this movie but the trailer looks like it was just thrown together without any thought to it. It just looks awful and not funny. 

I feel like this will still do really well but I still don't get the comparisons with Bad Moms. To me at least Bad Moms looked funny and I feel like I knew way more people that were interested in watching that versus this. 

11 minutes ago, Nova said:

The character posters for this movie got released and they look tragic. 

I know I'm not the intended audience for this movie but the trailer looks like it was just thrown together without any thought to it. It just looks awful and not funny. 

I feel like this will still do really well but I still don't get the comparisons with Bad Moms. To me at least Bad Moms looked funny and I feel like I knew way more people that were interested in watching that versus this. 

Bad Moms had dire trailers but the movie was pretty funny. Hopefully that will be the same here.

12 hours ago, Arlborn said:

Is it just to me that it looks like they are staring at his penis in shock rather than at a dead body?

Didn't the guy comeback to life in the trailer though? Like I'm confused about the whole premise for this movie. Or are we supposed to assume that when he comes back to life those were scenes before he died?