FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates - FD: $136.2M, CI: $34.5M, TC2: $15.56M, NYSM2: $9.65M, Flopcraft: $6.52M

40 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Adults coming all over an animated film sounds really creepy. Like animation is supposed to be for kids. They're not good movies....they're just there.

40 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Adults coming all over an animated film sounds really creepy. Like animation is supposed to be for kids. They're not good movies....they're just there.

Animation does not have to be for kid.

That is just Hollywood and Disney's take on it.

Even though most Pixar movies are actually focussed both on kids and adults who were fond of animated films as kids.

However if you look at foreign animated films there is a lot of adult movies that are actually really good. Have you seen Perfect Blue, Ghost in the Shell or Akira ?

I really don't understand why people don't see that animation is just a technique and that the target or quality of the movie has nothing to do with it.

• Like 14

53 minutes ago, Rth said:

FD sat 45-47m puts right ball park for WE est  

Thanks again for always giving us numbers Rth. I know it's random, but I do want to know how appreciative I am that you take your time to give us the scoop. :) 

• Like 14

38 minutes ago, CJohn said:

We have officially found our big 330M+ June movie. Every month had one this year so far besides January. 

Crazy when you think about it. 

That didn't even get close to happen in any of the recent years (closest is... last year), let alone before that when anything from JAN to APR was a complete death zone. :ph34r: 

5 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Expected, flat to a slight increase from true Friday. Hope it increases further through the night.

So if it follows the course of last night, 49.55m Saturday total?

Leaving to see this is just over a hour. This just feels so surreal that,13 years later, I'm finally seeing the characters that were a huge part of my childhood on the big screen again. I don't care how cool Rogue One is, this'll be the movie of the year for sure, whether or not it delivers.

For 90's/early 00's kids, this is truly the movie of the decade.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

Leaving to see this is just over a hour. This just feels so surreal that,13 years later, I'm finally seeing the characters that were a huge part of my childhood on the big screen again. I don't care how cool Rogue One is, this'll be the movie of the year for sure, whether or not it delivers.

Nah

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I loved Finding Nemo to death, but TFA was still a much more surreal and emotional experience for me.  I saw TFA 7 times in theater's, and I doubt I will ever see another movie in theater's that many times ever again.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

but wait until the milennials hear about the new Jarmusch before making statements like that.

2 minutes ago, The Pandaren said:

I loved Finding Nemo to death, but TFA was still a much more surreal and emotional experience for me.  I saw TFA 7 times in theater's, and I doubt I will ever see another movie in theater's that many times ever again.

While TFA was certainly on the same level as dory for me, I think it was even more special to 30 something's who were very young when the OT came out

• Like 2