FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates - FD: $136.2M, CI: $34.5M, TC2: $15.56M, NYSM2: $9.65M, Flopcraft: $6.52M

46 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Leaving to see this is just over a hour. This just feels so surreal that,13 years later, I'm finally seeing the characters that were a huge part of my childhood on the big screen again. I don't care how cool Rogue One is, this'll be the movie of the year for sure, whether or not it delivers.

For 90's/early 00's kids, this is truly the movie of the decade.

42 minutes ago, The Pandaren said:

I loved Finding Nemo to death, but TFA was still a much more surreal and emotional experience for me.  I saw TFA 7 times in theater's, and I doubt I will ever see another movie in theater's that many times ever again.

You Americans are so weird...

• Like 5

Has anyone here heard of a 4pm-6pm discount?

Where I come from, yes. And when you think about it, it's the time when people are least likely to be at the movies. Aren't most people going home from work from 4pm-6pm?

The stadium Regal theater in my city does that just for all 4PM-5PM shows. It's pretty lame, since they have that instead of discount Tuesdays. Like you said it is super inconvenient for people.

Bit another smaller Regal theater in the city has discount Tuesdays, and seems to be MUCH more popular.

I liked Finding Dory a lot. It doesn't have the grandeur of Nemo and it wisely doesn't try to. It's more of a fun, fast-paced caper/jail break adventure and it's a blast. 

And I think we can all agree Sigourney Weaver is the funniest (and most random) running joke in the movie. 

c0c055516192c08b88a2bf32cd6267c7.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baumer said:

Adults coming all over an animated film sounds really creepy. Like animation is supposed to be for kids. They're not good movies....they're just there.

Grave of the Fireflies

Watership Down 

Akira

Princess Mononoke 

The Wind Rises

Persepolis

The Triplets of Bellevue 

Paprika

Ghost in the Shell

Anomalisa 

Heavy Metal

A Scanner Darkly

All far more mature and sophisticated than the vast majority of live-action films - Hollywood or foreign. 

And I didn't even list the countless mature, philosophical anime TV shows that are far more complex than the typical crime procedural. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Ratatouille, Incredibles, Wall-E, and Inside Out sequels would all lend themselves well to PG-13s. In fact, I think all would be much better as such. 

What, would the characters be allowed to say damn and shit now? How much of a benefit would that be?

Edited by cannastop

7 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Ratatouille, Incredibles, Wall-E, and Inside Out sequels would all lend themselves well to PG-13s. In fact, I think all would be much better as such. 

I fail to see how a Ratatouille sequel lends itself to PG-13.

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

I think you've gone off the deep end

Why? Let's face it, none of those 4 are really kids films anyways and already skew heavily teen/adult. I've yet to know a kid that loves Wall-E or Ratatouille. Incredibles has a lot of kid appeal but also a lot of scenes and themes that push it for a PG kids film. The sequel could easily go in a PG-13 direction. Inside Out also has kid appeal, but in that case the sequel has to be PG-13 to explore the puberty topic with any realism.