FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates - FD: $136.2M, CI: $34.5M, TC2: $15.56M, NYSM2: $9.65M, Flopcraft: $6.52M

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

But even his legs were terrible. It opened above Iron Man 3 pretty much everywhere and the only place where it stayed above Iron Man 3 was Portugal apparently. And it will end below it DOM and OS.

CW was bigger than IM3 in several markets and in local currencies made more OS than IM3

The strong dollar from 2015 on hurts any film in comparison to 2012 or 2013 from Europe to Mexico to Japan to Australia (the latter three down about 25%).  Then there are the collapses of currency in Brazil, Russia and Venezuela. eg:  CW passed Avengers as the biggest film in local currency in Brazil but will make about $23m less.  Venezuela's B.O. receipts are no longer being artificially propped with bogus totals that never made it to the studio anyway. So what was $20m last year is about $2m this year if that.

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, MrPink said:

A big animated film with 136 million opened.

Zootopia an exception, normally a big animated film coming out really really seems to hurt other animated films in the market. Guess the genre doesn't really support that much kind of competition typically.

No one thought it would be this bad for Angry Birds. It totally missed the top 10, so in some respects, it shouldn't have been on the derby!

And Zootopia got some of that Finding Dory love from the drive-ins. Gotta love Disney synergy.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I have just read apparently Depp suspected Amber Heard was cheating him with Cara Delevigne. Holy shit. I need a sex tape of that. My mind is already imagining things. Depp should have had a three way with both. 

giphy.gif

we need another icloud hack for this 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

CI did better than I was expecting, that budget isn't exactly small either so it needed a decent opening.

I think it'll play like Spy and reach between $100-110M total. Pretty solid hit for all involved.

• Like 1

I don't see the point in complaining about the lack of staying power for Captain America when if you've looked at everything this year, everything isn't holding on well. The only 50M+ grossing releases to have a 3x multiplier so far this year are the Disney juggernauts, Kung Fu Panda 3, Miracles from Heaven, and My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2. Now that has to worry studios more than anything else.

• Like 16

5 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Did anyone get the top 3 summer movies correct in the Summer Game assuming the top 3 is:

Dory

Civil War

Secret Life of Pets

Or

Dory

Civil War

Suicide Squad

To answer my own question (I was bored):

Cmasterclay has the Secret Life of Pets completing the top 3. 

The Panda has the Suicide Squad completing the top 3.

And a couple people have IDR completing the top 3.

So basically, almost everyone is screwed.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Did anyone get the top 3 summer movies correct in the Summer Game assuming the top 3 is:

Dory

Civil War

Secret Life of Pets

Or

Dory

Civil War

Suicide Squad

I put Dory, CW, ID4 :lol:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

To answer my own question (I was bored):

Cmasterclay has the Secret Life of Pets completing the top 3. 

The Panda has the Suicide Squad completing the top 3.

And a couple people have IDR completing the top 3.

So basically, almost everyone is screwed.

Damn it I should've played this year. 

11 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Dory

Civil War

Secret Life of Pets

Or

Dory

Civil War

Suicide Squad

mine was

1.Dory

2.Civil War

3.Suicide Squad

4.Pets

5.X-Men

6.Ghostbusters

7.IDR

8.The BFG

9.Star Trek

10.Bourne

11.Sausage Party

12.Central Intelligence

13.Alice

14.Conjuring

15.TMNT

My top 4 have a great chance at being in order.  And I should get 13/15 or 14/15 (bar no other surprise breakout and Sausage Party breaking out), Alice will likely be the one or two misses I have 

• Like 4