FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates - FD: $136.2M, CI: $34.5M, TC2: $15.56M, NYSM2: $9.65M, Flopcraft: $6.52M

18 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

Central Intelligence $13m+ Friday.

Pretty good for a "Dwayne Johnson"-flick. Even though it's 5M lower than San Andreas's $18M OD. (Another film that had Dwayne Johnson as the lead).

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

Derp, I forgot to remove the preview number.  Still think it will increase a healthy amount from the actual Friday number.  

It might be able to pull $52-55M nile.  the way it's selling in my area, I wouldn't count it out.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, lobogotti said:

It might be able to pull $52-55M nile.  the way it's selling in my area, I wouldn't count it out.

Welcome aboard!Its been definitely selling truckloads here too. Even a 7AM sellout. :o

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

That's not really a problem. Several movies and stories share similar plotlines, it just depends on how they executive it, that makes them feel "fresh". Saying something is similar to something else, isn't necessarily a good complaint.

It doesn't have to be a problem but it can be. Knowing Docter worked on both made it impossible to separate the two out for me. And in the end, I found several things in Cranium I preferred (and vice versa) and nostalgia gave deference to the original.

3 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

Dory came within breaths of earning an A+, but hit that grade with females (65%) and under 25 (56%) who were the predominant crowd here. Dory also scored A+s with the under 18 (38%) and 18-24 group (18%).

:ohmyzod:

3 minutes ago, lobogotti said:

Yeah, I meant an increase from the actual $46m Friday number and get to around that $52-$55m number on Saturday.  I agree that $60m is impossible, I forgot for a sec to remove the $9.2m preview number.  

Welcome as well.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Assuming that 56M will be the number, here's some multipliers for Dory:

Toy Story 3: 56M + 50.4M + 43.5M = 150M

Monsters University: 56M + 52.8M + 42.6M = 151.4M

Inside Out: 56 + 50.5 + 41.2M = 147.7M

you need to account for dory having bigger previews. it will probably stay flat minus previews.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

Yeah, I meant an increase from the actual $46m Friday number and get to around that $52-$55m number on Saturday.  I agree that $60m is impossible, I forgot for a sec to remove the $9.2m preview number.  

Welcome as well.  

that Friday number is sick.  thanks for posting.  when I saw $50M-$52M yesterday I knew that had to be way low.  the late nights in my area were selling 70%+.  before Thursday numbers came in I had set a $55M minimum Friday based on the low end pre-sales of my local theater.

love seeing records slaughtered.  here's hoping for a $145M OW, but as I have read here this morning even if it doesn't get there let's be happy in the fact this is an amazing accomplishment in our current dismal box office environment.

• Like 1