WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 96): Dory 73M | IDR 41M | CI 18.2M | Shallows 16.8M | Conjuring 7.7M | Jones 7.6M

51 minutes ago, superweirdo87 said:

When Deadline published that Emma Watts was going to be re-upped, a lot of commenters said negative things about her. Her contract apparently goes through next year. If Apes and Kingsman underperform, maybe they will be compelled to shake things up.

Yeah she is bad. Also heard and read same about Stacy Snyder. Apparently, she is one of the reasons for DreamWorks slow and painful demise. Rupert Murdoch likes her so...but i don't think she is capable of producing massive hits or long running sustainable franchise. I am having serious doubts about Avatar 2 let alone 4 new ones. Please, James Cameron, make fox work overtime to make sure the marketing is upto snuff otherwise another casualty in the making.

1 hour ago, Nova said:

I refuse to give Fox credit for Deadpool. That was all Tim Miller, Ryan Reynolds, Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick. We all saw Fox's version of Deadpool. Fox was so stingy, that the reason why Deadpool had that 12 bullet scene was because there was no money to have any other explosives and stuff used. Mrs. Deadpool spilling all the details on her promo tour. 

tumblr_n2e3t9ZCTL1qim5c4o1_500.gif

And then they had the fucking nerve to take back $7 Million out of Deadpool's already low budget. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

And then they had the fucking nerve to take back $7 Million out of Deadpool's already low budget. 

Having that low a budget is a big part of why they were able to do what they did, though. Too much higher, and there would've been more studio involvement. The sequel is gonna be a bit screwed in that regard, regardless of the budget.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Fox's woes will only continue when Mike & Dave flops in two weeks. It looks...so bad.

It looked like Anna Kendrick had a nude scene in it, so I may go see it.  Then again, that's probably just trailer bait.

2 minutes ago, Orestes said:

Having that low a budget is a big part of why they were able to do what they did, though. Too much higher, and there would've been more studio involvement. The sequel is gonna be a bit screwed in that regard, regardless of the budget.

True. If Fox studio heads were smart, they would just give the Deadpool team their deserved budget and then leave them alone to make the movie right....but smart they are not.

Edited by sfran43

1 minute ago, Orestes said:

I heard Tim Miller already say he doesn't want a high budget because that's not who Deadpool is. Being low budget is what allowed Deadpool to be as good as it was but let's not act like that was part of Fox's plan. Fox was doing cuts in the budget before the filming started because it didn't have faith in the film. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Pandaren said:

It looked like Anna Kendrick had a nude scene in it, so I may go see it.  Then again, that's probably just trailer bait.

I'm convinced she just says "yes" to every movie she's presented with. She's in six movies this year and no one will ever see half of them.

• Like 3

Something tells me FD is heading towards a $85 million+ weekend. Its Thursday was only behind JW's first Thursday by $400k and Jurassic World made $106 million that weekend. Last day of school for K-12 students in Canada and students are out of school in the US, so we are going to have stronger holds and percentage increases.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Fox's woes will only continue when Mike & Dave flops in two weeks. It looks...so bad.

Holy shit. They make some really boneheaded decisions there. I am pretty confident most of us here can run fox better than the current establishment, which is going to get worse. Every year they have 1-2 fluke hits not because of them, but because either the movie turns out great or the stars/filmmakers are heavily involved in marketing materials.

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm convinced she just says "yes" to every movie she's presented with. She's in six movies this year and no one will ever see half of them.

Michael Caine made a very good and profitable career out of that approach. ;)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

I heard Tim Miller already say he doesn't want a high budget because that's not who Deadpool is. Being low budget is what allowed Deadpool to be as good as it was but let's not act like that was part of Fox's plan. Fox was doing cuts in the budget before the filming started because it didn't have faith in the film. 

The writers said this. Or perhaps did so too.

http://www.indiewire.com/2016/02/we-dont-want-150-million-to-go-make-the-next-movie-deadpool-writers-talk-sequel-x-men-plus-vfx-reel-and-more-268170/

Man is it me or Fox is really bad for marketing a movie i don't know but Disney is 100000 times better in Marketing.

I hope for avatar 2 3 4 5 they will not fuck it... but IMO Cmaeron will sell the movie right i know it..... but stil...... they are bad.

And i don't know if people here know it but when you have a VERY VERY success movie you have to market the sequel(s) even more than the first.

I mean Avatar is the king at the box office right now. The right thing to do with the 2nd is to advertise it like hell marketing all the year all months TV Superbowl Radio again again again again....

The GA forget fast and you have to tell them ah yes there is a sequel to Avatar to comes... hmmm i m going to see it maybe. What people forget or studio i don't know that they think because the first was a mega hit the second will be too.... WRONG.... You have to harass the GA all over the place Look a SW7. Ok SW is a well known brand but you have to sell it to the new generation and force the old generation to come back.....;

THAT is marketing a very important thing for sure.

Cheer