WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 96): Dory 73M | IDR 41M | CI 18.2M | Shallows 16.8M | Conjuring 7.7M | Jones 7.6M

2 hours ago, Hatebox said:

Awful but expected for ID4. Can we please put 90s so-called nostalgia to bed now?

they will never put it to bed. its an ongoing thing.

One day you'll wake up  and itll be 2036 and youll have reboot-sequels of HG, 32JS,  Twilight, Ted etc, and you're balls(or boobs) will drop farther than you would have imagined :) 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

they will never put it to bed. its an ongoing thing.

One day you'll wake up  and itll be 2036 and youll have reboot-sequels of HG, 32JS,  Twilight, Ted etc, and you're balls(or boobs) will drop farther than you would have imagined :) 

I'm gonna have long balls?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnjYvSRmreQ 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, goldenstate5 said:

This is a brutal summer, with Civil War and Dory growing out of this field of dirt.

July 2016 is looking much brighter.

Pets should do $225 million+ DOM 

Ghostbusters should do $125 million+ DOM (unless there's toxic WOM) 

Star Trek 3 should do $150 million+ DOM 

Ice Age 5 should do $100 million+ DOM

Bourne 5 should do $150 million+ DOM (upside of $230-250 million DOM if it really clicks with older audiences) 

Bad Moms should be a decent enough sleeper hit with zero competition until Bridget Jones 3 for its demo

Purge 3, Lights Out and Mike & Dave should all turn a profit when all is said and done

Infiltrator and Nerve are too small-scale to expect much more than $10 million DOM to begin with. 

BFG should be kept afloat by OS #s (enough to break even) 

Unlike Neighbors 2/Alice 2/NYSM 2/TMNT 2/ID4 2/Warcraft, I don't get a vibe of utter disinterest. 

Tarzan is the only outright disaster for July IMO - and it was bound to happen with just how crowded Summer 2016 is. 

Edited by mahnamahna
  • Like 2

The best things that happened at the box office this year is everthing the mods Baumer, CJohn and Tele loved was a failure and everything they hated was or will be a big hit! Go Disney!!

Edited by Life goes on
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Life goes on said:

The best things that happened at the box office this year is everthing the mods Baumer, CJonh and Tele loved was a failure and everything they hated was or will be a big hit! Go Disney!!

Tele hated IDR and we all know how well that's doing :ph34r:

I'm currently watching the National Lampoon's Vacation sequel that came out last year.

Unlike Jurassic World and presumably IDR it, while relying on nostalgia, actually fixes a major flaw the original had. In the original Vacation Clark Griswold was seen as heroic despite all the stupid decisions he makes. Since he wouldn't be a sympathetic character today, in the new Vacation Rusty's family just tells him to his face that he's a bad father. That's a big step up.

Why don't more nostalgia sequels attempt to fix the original's flaws the way Vacation did?

15 minutes ago, Life goes on said:

The best things that happened at the box office this year is everthing the mods Baumer, CJohn and Tele loved was a failure and everything they hated was or will be a big hit! Go Disney!!

How do you figure?  What exactly did I hate that is a big hit?  I didn't hate Civil War, I just didn't love it.  I loved Deadpool and Jungle Book blew me away.  Batman vs Superman was pretty good.  So I think you are confused my dear poster with 13 posts who knows a lot about the site.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, RascarCapat said:

Hey Baumer, where did the bet thread go ?

Did you guys already reconized defeat and gave 200$ to the site ?

It's in the Speakeasy...too many pinned threads right now.....and keep in mind...if we don't get at least ten people to accept the bet by Monday, then its void.

5 minutes ago, John Doe said:

Audience score is now at 43%, will it hit the 30's...what a rotten piece of trash.

It's truly terrible. Even the green lantern has a better audience score and people generally hated that movie. 

29 minutes ago, Life goes on said:

Deadpool failed? Jungle Book failed? Woah. Dory, which I gave a 8/10, I hated? Hmmm. Interesting. Maybe you should think before writing stupid shit?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Baumer said:

It's in the Speakeasy...too many pinned threads right now.....and keep in mind...if we don't get at least ten people to accept the bet by Monday, then its void.

Haha nice way to chicken Out !

I'll understand if you guys would only pay what other have engaged.

Like if only 4 people were in, you would just have to pay 40$.

I'm really confident you'll loose now, even if it ends up void you'll have lost in my heart and will hear about it.

Edited by RascarCapat