WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 96): Dory 73M | IDR 41M | CI 18.2M | Shallows 16.8M | Conjuring 7.7M | Jones 7.6M

2 minutes ago, department store basement said:

You forgot Trainwreck.

Also, a lot of people on here thought Pixels would cross 100m and look how that went. Some even predicted it for Paper Towns (!!!).

FiOS!

Another way see it as...

By the end of the summer, Disney 2016 > Disney 2015, Fox 2016 >>> Fox 2015, WB 2016 >>>WB 2015, Sony 2016 > 2015. That just leaves Universal, and Jurassic World turned out to be their near Star-Wars level event. Even still, Universal hasn't been doing that well this year, but Purge, Pets, and Bourne will assure July for them.

Edited by UrosepsisFace

2 hours ago, PDC1987 said:

All decades have good and bad films. About the music, the 90s were the harbinger of doom. It was the start of talentless rappers and their fuckawful "music" having consistent major success, and Britney Spears not only getting a record contract but eventually racking up two RIAA certified Diamond albums was the death knell which proved that there were no standards left among record execs or record buyers.

The late 90s was the worst for music. The teen pop era, Britney Spears, just awful. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Ghostbusters even if it's a 'good' film is going to get shitted on by the GA. They're not even giving it s chance!

Why should they with those bad trailers?

IF the film turns out to be good,and fails at the box office, it has got to be the most inept marketing job in history.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, superweirdo87 said:

2015 had Pitch Perfect 2, San Andreas and Mad Max

Bourne has a good chance at beating Pitch Perfect 2. While CI and TCJ2 will come under the total of San Andreas and Mad Max, Suicide Squad alone could beat their combined DOM.

I have seen the Ghost Busters trailer at the last three movies I have seen. And in each instance, it didn't feel like there was much interest for it from the crowd. However its a female leading film so I expect it to do well because of that. Females will support it and probably make up the majority of the audience. 

35 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Fox should have fudged and give ID4 a thousand percent Sunday increase or something for exactly 100M weekend :lol:

If only the Wanda group invested money in ID4. They'd have fudged it in China for sure based on what they're rumoured to have done with Warcraft!

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

I have seen the Ghost Busters trailer at the last three movies I have seen. And in each instance, it didn't feel like there was much interest for it from the crowd. However its a female leading film so I expect it to do well because of that. Females will support it and probably make up the majority of the audience. 

Every time the Ghostbusters trailer was played at a movie I've seen it elicited rapturous laughter.

Except at Finding Dory, where there was no reaction at all. The laughs there were left for Pets, IA5, Storks, and Moana.

At this point Dory needs all the US money it can get, because it is not hitting 1B WW with those OS numbers. To give you a comparison, it opened in Spain and France this weekend. In France it did 1/3 of Nemo's opening and it also debuted way behind Nemo in Spain. In UK it will have a hard time thanks to the Brexit and Pets just registering an absolutely huge debut and looking at Germany there is no way it comes close to what Nemo did there. Also, it is hard to imagine it will match Nemo in Japan. So maybe 450m OS and 950M WW max. That is if it manages to hit 500m DOM which I very much doubt with Pets on the way. I think it will land somewhere around 900-920m. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, James said:

At this point Dory needs all the US money it can get, because it is not hitting 1B WW with those OS numbers. To give you a comparison, it opened in Spain and France this weekend. In France it did 1/3 of Nemo's opening and it also debuted way behind Nemo in Spain. In UK it will have a hard time thanks to the Brexit and Pets just registering an absolutely huge debut and looking at Germany there is no way it comes close to what Nemo did there. Also, it is hard to imagine it will match Nemo in Japan. So maybe 450m OS and 950M WW max. That is if it manages to hit 500m DOM which I very much doubt with Pets on the way. I think it will land somewhere around 900-920m. 

The pound to the dollar exchange rate won't be dramatically lower than it has been all year by the time Dory opens. 

It will be huge in the UK.