kayumanggi

DESPICABLE ME III | 770.2 M overseas ● 1034.8 M worldwide

#DespicableMe3 grossed an estimated $36.1M internationally this weekend. International total is $588.8M, global total is $819.2M.

Retweet

Retweet

Retweet

This should easily cross 900. 

820 current total

+ 30 from Italy/turkey/greece

+ 35 from DOM

+ 75 from OS

==============

955 TOTAL

I think it may do even more. 

Edited by ZeeSoh
Edited with updated OS numbers
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

This should easily cross 900. 

820 current total

+ 30 from Italy/turkey/greece

+ 35 from DOM

+ 55 from OS

==============

935 TOTAL

I think it may do even more. 

It made 63m from its current markets (-SK) this week alone, so maybe it can do more than 55 from there. A 50% drop from those markets until end of run gives it 63m from those + around maybe 10 more from South Korea = 73m instead of 55.

Agree on domestic and Italy + T + Greence.

Edited by MinaTakla
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MinaTakla said:

It made 63m from its current markets (-SK) this week alone, so maybe it can do more than 55 from there. A 50% drop from those markets until end of run gives it 63m from those + around maybe 10 more from South Korea = 73m instead of 55.

Agree on domestic and Italy + T + Greence.

Ah yeah my bad. For some reason I though it did 35m this week OS. I have updated my numbers now and think 950 should happen. 1b however is too far and unlikely

• Thanks 1

I don't know what kind of ***** can say this is going to make less than 100M OS from current markets, considering some of that 36M figure comes from Japan. I also don't know why people keep lowballing this despite the fact it was clear after the first days that 950M+ was guaranteed and 1B extremely likely. It opened in the most fantastic of circumstances: it's like there isn't any other option for kids out there, as Cars 3 is flopping even harder than expected, Emoji is basically non-existent and, just as that wasn't enough, there isn't any freaking alternative family flick around and even the blockbusters either have their own audience (Spider Man, which can't really hurt DM3's hold) or they're disappointing, or they just are totally different films (Dunkirk). Not only that, but it got a huge boost from China, where it was promoted like it was released by Mao-Tse-Tung resurrected and where it's the only Hollywood blockbuster available till the end of summer. Minions had Inside Out and Jurassic World (2.5B WW combined) biting its tail, this one is running ina wasteland with the wind at its back.

Edited by Omni
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, eXtacy said:

I don't get the appeal of this series and this movie. It makes zero sense to me...

:slaphead:

Sighs.....do i really have to explain to you and repeat what i said last month or are you just pure clueless? Well...since you did not learn about what i said......you give me no choice but to say it......again.

1. The reception for the last two DM-movies (Minions excluded, since it's a spinoff/prequel) were pretty good. And the charm of the series (besides the Minions) comes from Gru (the main character).

2. Illumination has a brilliant marketing when it comes to their movies and it knows which audiences it appeals to.

3. The Minions themselves are one of the factors why they have become the mascots of Illumination Entertainment.

There! Explained it! Do i make myself clear now?

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 1

So looking at numbers again. I'm gonna update my numbers

819 - current total

+30 - ITL/Tur/Gre (DM2 did about 27/minions did 33+)

+30 - Japan (for an optimistic total of 50m)

+ 12 - SK ( no clue about this so someone  knowledgeable correct me)

+35 - Dom (Min did 36/DM2 did 38 more)

+ 75 OS - It did 135 2 weeks back then did approximately 81 last week (-japan) for A 40% fall. This week it did about 52 (-japan & - SK) this week which is about 40% fall. If it continues doing lets say 40% WoW fall it could do 75 OS. 

===============================

990 - 1.01b TOTAL

So 1b is not out of the picture and could happen if it continues to hold as well as it did this week. Only unsure thing is if it will continue holding as well OS or not.  It also opened in SK this weekend which could have inflated the weekend numbers and hence made the drop look even better. 

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

So looking at numbers again. I'm gonna update my numbers

819 - current total

+30 - ITL/Tur/Gre (DM2 did about 27/minions did 33+)

+30 - Japan (for an optimistic total of 50m)

+ 12 - SK ( no clue about this so someone  knowledgeable correct me)

+35 - Dom (Min did 36/DM2 did 38 more)

+ 75 OS - It did 135 2 weeks back then did approximately 81 last week (-japan) for A 40% fall. This week it did about 52 (-japan & - SK) this week which is about 40% fall. If it continues doing lets say 40% WoW fall it could do 75 OS. 

===============================

990 - 1.01b TOTAL

So 1b is not out of the picture and could happen if it continues to hold as well as it did this week. Only unsure thing is if it will continue holding as well OS or not.  It also opened in SK this weekend which could have inflated the weekend numbers and hence made the drop look even better. 

Great analysis. I think a -40% to -45% drop week on week from now on is realistic and possible up until end of August (end of summer vacation). 

The 12 from SK in your projections is a tad high - should be 10 for a total of around 17-18m. Could reach 12 still but with better holds than Minions and we'll see this week. Japan is probably doing between 40-45 on the "ok legs" end but given this week's holds, could do 45+. Corpse projected 45+ last week.

Agree on all the rest.

@FantasticBeasts / @grim22 thoughts on the above?

Edited by MinaTakla
  • Like 1

SCREEN

Illumination’s Despicable Me 3  crossed $800m at the worldwide box office on Saturday. The animation grossed $36.1m from 63 territories for a total of $588.8m. With $230.4m from North America, the film stands at $819.2m worldwide.

Despicable Me 3 passed Finding Nemo and The Lion Kingthis weekend to become the eigth highest grossing animated film at the international box office. Despicable Me 2 is number seven on $607.7m.

South Korea produced $8.1m in week one, the biggest opening ever for Illumination in South Korea. Universal executives expect a strong performance this week due to summer school holidays. Japan is holding at number one for the second week in a row after generating $4.3m for $17.6m.

The film is holding at number four behind three local films in China, producing $2.9m for $144.9m. It is the third highest grossing animated film of all time in China and the second highest non-Chinese animated film behind Zootopia’s $235m.  

The UK is holding at number two in week five on $2.9m for a total of $46.3m. Despicable Me 3 has four more territories to release over the next two months, including Italy in August.

$1 billion is definitely possible at this moment. But outgrossing Zootopia, Finding Dory and Hobbit 1 is out of question. If it did hit the billion mark it will be just barely.

Presumably TDK numbers WW ($1.004b)

Edited by Asyulus
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Asyulus said:

$1 billion is definitely possible at this moment. But outgrossing Zootopia, Finding Dory and Hobbit 1 is out of question. If it did hit the billion mark it will be just barely.

Presumably TDK numbers WW ($1.004b)

The funny thing about "The Dark Knight", is that although it's the 6th biggest grosser DOM-wise....it's surprisingly the lowest grossing billionaire, WW-wise.

Not sure if any other 1B WW-grosser can go a little bit lower than TDK.

DEADLINE

DESPICABLE ME 3

Universal/Illumination

Illumination/Universal’s Despicable Me 3crossed $800M at the worldwide box office on Saturday with a total $819.2M through today. The offshore weekend grooved to $36.1M in 63 markets for $588.8Minternational. The threequel has passed Finding Nemo and The Lion King to register as the No. 8 animated movie of all time globally, and should overtake its predecessor, DM2, which is currently No. 7 at $607.7M. With four more markets to come, and Italy the only major, it’s dubious if DM3 can make it to the $1B mark worldwide but it will get up across $900M.

Korea was new this frame at No. 2 behind local pic The Battleship Island. It grossed $8.1M there for the best local Illumination debut ever, and slots into the peak summer holiday period. Japan held No. 1 again and has a $17.6M cume to date. China’s total after three sessions is $145M as it has held well against local competition during the blackout period. In Argentina ($22.3M cume), DM3 was No. 1 for the 5th session in a row while the UK was at No. 2 ($46.3M cume).