CJohn

Ralph Breaks the Internet | Rich Moore / Phil Johnston | 21st November, 2018

2 minutes ago, Spagheditary said:

However, I'll be interested if there's a scene where Ralph and Vanellope go to the Box Office Forums. God help them if they go into the weekend thread though.

And since it's a Disney movie AC Slater can't be in it.

Dammit now I wish I hadn’t run of reps to give today.

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

They're gonna put a web site called "CornHub" or some shit

Teaser poster had a “LubHub” or “LuvHub” or something like that. 

If there are Rule 34 jokes, God help us all.

Just now, PNF2187 said:

Interesting that there's no "From the creators of" anywhere to be seen in this trailer, but then again, it's not like the trailer doesn't already spell it out on its own.

They should have had that ..... but with logos of each Princess movie flashing by increasingly quickly. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Spagheditary said:

However, I'll be interested if there's a scene where Ralph and Vanellope go to the Box Office Forums. God help them if they go into the weekend thread though.

And since it's a Disney movie AC Slater can't be in it.

"Gee Ralph, these losers are still talking about that movie?"

what if when Ralph and Vanellope end up in Oh My Disney!, they land on this article and start interacting with the trailer but then they suddenly become self-aware that they are Disney characters and then infinite Ralphs and Vanellopes start showing up as the Disney/selfawareness continuum self-implodes?

that would sell me on this movie

• Astonished 1

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

Speak for yourself.

Any particular reason you're always super optimistic about lackluster Pixar marketing but then jump all over WDAS's? 

Pixar gets enough shit without me piling on. I can usually count on any misgivings I might have about their marketing to be echoed ten times louder by twenty other posters.

I'm still not making any box office or RT predictions based on this trailer. For all I know it could still be a critically acclaimed box office hit that I might even end up enjoying. But so far the only things anyone appears to be excited for are OMFGCAMEOS!!!, and I don't think that moviegoing mentality favoring nostalgic references over story is healthy for mainstream filmmaking, animated or otherwise. It's the same reason I wasn't impressed by Ready Player One.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tribefan695 said:

Pixar gets enough shit without me piling on. I can usually count on any misgivings I might have about their marketing to be echoed ten times louder by twenty other posters.

I'm still not making any box office or RT predictions based on this trailer. For all I know it could still be a critically acclaimed box office hit that I might even end up enjoying. But so far the only things anyone appears to be excited for are OMFGCAMEOS!!!, and I don't think that moviegoing mentality favoring nostalgic references over story is healthy for mainstream filmmaking, animated or otherwise. It's the same reason I wasn't impressed by Ready Player One.

I think the vast majority of people looking forward to this are on the same page as you though. Who wants endless, lifeless cameos and references? That said, of course it's exciting and fun to see all the princesses together like that. Of course it makes sense to market those aspects of the movie. Moana's first trailer was literally The Rock dancing around and grunting for 2 minutes. They're trying to sell the movie to kids with the trailers, hence the marketing for animated movies is very over-reliant on gags and any pop culture references in the film. 

• Like 2

I probably do have a negative bias as someone who isn't a fan of the first film and still isn't convinced Ralph and Vanellope were conceived as much more than vehicles for the franchise's worldbuilding, but it's really hard for me to see them being the true appeal here, at least to adults. 

3 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Pretty sure Disney Animation has earned the benefit of the doubt for now. The references didn't overshadow the story and heart of the first and until it's been proven otherwise I doubt that'll happen with this one. 

I went back and watched the trailer for the first, and it's remarkable how much of it is built around that video game villain support group meeting. Same thing with the princesses here. 

• Like 1

Definitely agree with jandrew also about the branding being WAYYY too much. Was kind of disappointed they ditched all those parody brands in the teaser poster because they at least had some creativity to them and probably more freedom to be satirized. 

This movie's gonna give Michael Bay a run for his money with its product placement. 

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1