CJohn

Ralph Breaks the Internet | Rich Moore / Phil Johnston | 21st November, 2018

• Community Manager
2 hours ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Hot take: Wreck it Ralph is WDAS' best offering of the 21st century. Moana comes second (#1 visually) and then there's a bit of distance for me.

What? How is Zootopia not instantly better than the first movie? 

Not surprised the trailer for this movie is bad: although I did somewhat enjoy the princess bit at the end. The first movie wasn't very good either.

• ...wtf 1

Just now, Water Bottle said:

What? How is Zootopia not instantly better than the first movie? 

Not surprised the trailer for this movie is bad. The first movie wasn't very good either.

I didn't like Zootopia. I know it's a very unpopular opinion but I didn't find it outstanding in any department.

9 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Or maybe it’s people stating their opinion?

I think this looks like shit.  If you disagree, then that’s fine.

And im stating my opinion on overreactions to a 2 minute trailer, of a much longer movie, coming out in November 

Also it seems some of you are forgetting the marketing to the first movie 

2 hours ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Hot take: Wreck it Ralph is WDAS' best offering of the 21st century. Moana comes second (#1 visually) and then there's a bit of distance for me.

Switch your #1 and 2 and I might agree with you. Zootopia is the Citizen Kane of animation (i.e. most overrated of its medium).

• Community Manager
6 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

I didn't like Zootopia. I know it's a very unpopular opinion but I didn't find it outstanding in any department.

Really? I loved the strong character development, the emotions felt real, it stuck with me for a long time after. Even now I can recall the movie's highs and lows. Thematically its the strongest movie WDAS has ever done. 

It's really the only movie this century worth watching from WDAS in my view.

Just now, Water Bottle said:

Really? I loved the strong character development, the emotions felt real, it stuck with me for a long time after. Even now I can recall the movie's highs and lows. Thematically its the strongest movie WDAS has ever done. 

It's really the only movie this century worth watching from WDAS in my view.

Honestly I wanted to like the movie sooo much but I didn't. I suspect though that maybe it has to do with watching it while being very tired and barely making it through the end so I will have to make a rewatch some time.

I agree though that WDAS this century has been weak. Frozen is terrribly overrated, Big Hero 6 is mediocre.

Pixar>> WDAS. Inside Out and Coco is on another level from anything WDAS has offered in ages.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ryaner90 said:

And im stating my opinion on overreactions to a 2 minute trailer, of a much longer movie, coming out in November 

Also it seems some of you are forgetting the marketing to the first movie 

I never saw any marketing for the first movie, soooooo

People are supposed to judge a trailer.  That's literally what they're made for, for people to see them and think "oh this looks good!" or "oh this looks like shit!"  I guarantee you wouldn't have this problem if people were being overly positive with the trailer.

8 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Switch your #1 and 2 and I might agree with you. Zootopia is the Citizen Kane of animation (i.e. most overrated of its medium).

Moana's storyline didn't quite get me intrigued but I gotta admit that it is one of the most beautiful movies I have ever seen. The use of CGI is outstanding.

I think Moana is objectively the best movie WDAS has ever made. Everything about it is basically perfect from the plot structure to the characterization and arc of its lead and side characters to the humor to its emotional resonance to the flawless music to some of the most breathtaking animation ever. Nostalgia still biases me towards The Lion King  in terms of my all time fav, but if I’m taking off the nostalgia goggles I think Moana simply has to be #1 in Disney’s crown.

Edited by MovieMan89

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

I never saw any marketing for the first movie, soooooo

People are supposed to judge a trailer.  That's literally what they're made for, for people to see them and think "oh this looks good!" or "oh this looks like shit!"  I guarantee you wouldn't have this problem if people were being overly positive with the trailer.

See my posts on Solo Justice League, IW and the Incredibles 2

2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

The One-Two combo punch that was Zootopia and Moana in 2016 was incredible.

Yeah, though I’m still irked they didn’t save Moana for last summer. The competition was way lighter for it than where it released and it would have been a perfect summer movie. I think 300+ would’ve happened with ease.

1. Zootopia

2.  Tangled

3. Wreck it Ralph

4. Frozen

5. Moana

6. Big Hero Six

Zootopia and Tangled are great.   WIR Frozen and Moana fall in the pretty good category.   And Big Hero Six is kind of just a pile of blah.

• Like 1

1. Zootopia 

2. Tangled

3. Winnie The Pooh 

4. Wreck It Ralph/Moana 

5. The Princess and The Frog

6. Big Hero 6

7. Bolt

8. Meet The Robinsons

9. Frozen

• Like 1

Honestly opening Moana on thanksgiving has to be one of the stupidest moves I can imagine. It is 100% a summer movie. It is extremely anti-climatic watching it while there's freezing cold outside. Frozen proved how much of an impact a season-themed movie at the right time can make.

Edited by FantasticBeasts