Ezen Baklattan

July 1-4 Weekend Estimates | Dory 50.2m, Tarzan 45.6m, Purge 34.8m, BFG 22.2m, IDR 20.2m

35 minutes ago, Baumer said:

I'm just upset that Dory is kicking so much behind. I hope Pets slows it down or I'm out another $100.

Yeah, Dory may be the first time since 2011, that I haven't seen the highest grossing film of the year in theaters, (unless of course Rouge One tops it, but I'm not sure of that anymore)

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, cannastop said:

"Cartoon" is nothing to be ashamed of.

And my 65 year old stepfather once said that Cars was one of the best movies ever. Sounds weird to me, but I think he really connected to the nostalgia that the movie evoked with Route 66.

I call all of them cartoons - I'm not denigrating them that's just what they were called when I was growing up & yes I am over 50.

Dory's at a point where even if Pets does a number on it, $400m will be attained by Friday, and $500m is still on the table. Inside Out arguably had more to fear from Minions than FD does from Pets, but give it about a 45-50% drop this weekend, and that's still in the 20s. Dory's domestic run could literally end on Thursday and it would have been a rousing success either way.

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, babz06 said:

Wow Tarzan is really over performing. I guess people were desperate for some entertainment this weekend.  I don't expect it to have good legs though, Ghostbusters, Star Treknow Beyond and Bourne should kill it. 

IDR, TMNT 2, Warcraft and X-Men all underperforming left the July 2016 marketplace wide open for some more tentpoles.

Those four from May/June will combine for less than what Civil War did on its own :o. Because of this, Pets, GB, Star Trek 3, Bourne 5 and Suicide Squad will ride the empty marketplace to solid DOM runs. 

I think DORY will do ~20m (-52%) this weekend. And then have some crazy good holds again for 500m+. The fun number to hit imo is 515m (TS3 + 100m).

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2

was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction?  earlier last week I posted a prediction on the 3day gross and drop for Dory.  I think it was in a weekday number thread, but I can't find it.  any help of that thread would be greatly appreciated.

1 minute ago, lobogotti said:

was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction?  earlier last week I posted a prediction on the 3day gross and drop for Dory.  I think it was in a weekday number thread, but I can't find it.  any help of that thread would be greatly appreciated.

There is only...

Spoiler

1d-social.jpg

6 minutes ago, lobogotti said:

If you click on your profile there's an option for listing all of your recent posts. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Dory's going to take a big hit on its theater count at some point with Pets and Ice Age coming. Hopefully wom can keep it alive but I'm not assuming anything 

Why would you assume it would be Dory taking a hit? There are movies in theaters who have a lower PTA that I'm sure theaters would love to get rid of. Yea I can see the kids film angle but until Dory actually suffers, I highly doubt theaters will just drop it. 

12 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Interestingly enough, TS3 survived DM1 and IO survived Minions both with a 40% drop in the same weekends of release. So I don't think Dory will crash and burn this weekend. Should be under -50%.

TS3 fell 31% against 56m OW of DM1.

IO fell 41% against 116m OW of MINIONS.

I am guessing the OW for PETS will be 65-70m.  

Normally would expect DORY to fall 40-45% but with ID Monday, Discount Tuesday and inflated Sunday doing a lot of business, I think 45-50% drop could happen for a 20.5-23m weekend.

• Like 1