Ezen Baklattan

July 1-4 Weekend Estimates | Dory 50.2m, Tarzan 45.6m, Purge 34.8m, BFG 22.2m, IDR 20.2m

Seriously, when did box office projecting go down the shitter? How does Purge 3 do more previews than the first two and more than Conjuring 2 yet get projected underneath all of them?  

And using matinees to predict its total too... get out of here with this garbage Deadline

5 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Deadlines $12m number for Purge makes sense using Anarchys multiplier minus a little for being the 3rd film. $32m 4 day looks achievable. 

Anarchy previewed a full $1M less with worse reviews on its way to a $29.8M weekend yet they're projecting Election Year to fall over $2M short of that number. Makes no sense (unless I'm missing something about when previews started).

It should easily beat a $32M 4-day. Heck, it could beat that in 3.

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

Does BOM use puns on their article titles anymore?

May I suggest "little fireworks this July 4th weekend"?

After Subers left I stopped reading BOM articles.  They used to be so fun to read and now they're just lame.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, La Binoche said:

So 380 for Dory after this weekend, 400 by the time Pets arrives. No matter how hard Pets hits it, it should be able to do an additional 100 and hit 500 

TS3/IO added 114m/106m more after the 3rd Monday. DORY will be 118-120m away from 500m after the 3rd Monday (50-52m 4-day). Should surely get there.

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Multipliers are bound to be wonky this weekend due to the 4th of July festivities.

Just when you think you've got it all figured out something pops up or a movie just didn't do anything box office wise. But here's what I got for the 4 day. 

1. Dory: $44M

2. The Purge: $37M

3. Tarzan: $29.5M 

4. The BFG: $23M

5. IDR: $20M 

6. CI: $12.5M 

7. The Shallows: $11M 

After that I'm not sure because those movies lost a lot of theaters that would affect their weekends a bunch. 

5 minutes ago, Spectre said:

Anarchy previewed a full $1M less with worse reviews on its way to a $29.8M weekend yet they're projecting Election Year to fall over $2M short of that number. Makes no sense (unless I'm missing something about when previews started).

It should easily beat a $32M 4-day. Heck, it could beat that in 3.

The reviews for anarchy were not way worse. In fact they're pretty much on par with one another at the moment. However Deadline doesn't know what it's talking about anyways. The Purge will live off of its night showings not the damn matinees. 

• Like 1