Ezen Baklattan

July 1-4 Weekend Estimates | Dory 50.2m, Tarzan 45.6m, Purge 34.8m, BFG 22.2m, IDR 20.2m

5 minutes ago, junkshop36 said:

I don't remember my 21st birthday either. Not because i got smashed and don't remember. It was 20 years ago and I honestly just don't remember LOL!!

Me too. I find it hilarious that these teens are calling anyone in 30's old. I just turned 41 earlier this week. So 21 is long time back.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, keysersoze123 said:

Me too. I find it hilarious that these teens are calling anyone in 30's old. I just turned 41 earlier this week. So 21 is long time back.

The day I ceased being a hot 20-something (6 years ago in September) was the saddest day ever.

28 minutes ago, department store basement said:

I am thinking more and more that 2000-05 are my favorite years for movies. This is probably why most of the movies I've watched for the first time since April are from that time period.

You should try a decade before that in the early 90's. For example:

1991: Silence of The Lambs, Beauty and the Beast, Terminator 2 Judgement Day, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, City Slickers, Hook, Thelma and Louise, Backdraft, JFK, Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country

vs

1994: Forrest Gump, The Lion King, Pulp Fiction, The Shawshank Redemption, True Lies, Interview with the Vampire, The Mask, Dumb and Dumber, Four Weddings and a Funeral, Leon: The Professional, Natural Born Killers,  Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, Speed, Maverick, Clear and Present Danger, Beverly Hills Cop III, Wyatt Earp

1 minute ago, UrosepsisFace said:

1991: Silence of The Lambs, Beauty and the Beast, Terminator 2 Judgement Day, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, City Slickers, Hook, Thelma and Louise, Backdraft, JFK, Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country

vs

1994: Forrest Gump, The Lion King, Pulp Fiction, The Shawshank Redemption, True Lies, Interview with the Vampire, The Mask, Dumb and Dumber, Four Weddings and a Funeral, Leon: The Professional, Natural Born Killers,  Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, Speed, Maverick, Clear and Present Danger, Beverly Hills Cop III, Wyatt Earp

I don't like those as much as the 2000-2005 period movies (Backdraft excluded) but thank you.

4 minutes ago, UrosepsisFace said:

1991: The Last Boy Scout deserves mention. I fucking love it. It's a great script and Bruce Willis is more of a well rounded character here. Very funny and a crazy plot with great action.  Damon Wayans is fantastic. Shit, even Danielle Harris at a young age.

R.I.P. Tony Scott.  That's what I'm missing..

• Like 5

There's always one or two movies I keep going back to in every period - Eraserhead (late 70s - I have a bizarre sense of humor), Tootsie (early 80s), BTTF/Goonies (late 80s), Backdraft (early 90s), Buffalo 66/Private Parts (late 90s)...but there's a TON of movies I rewatch from early 2000s. Although I haven't tried yet I can probably put stuff like Pitch Black and Me, Myself, & Irene on repeat and never get bored.

The flipside of it is that the early 2000s produced my most hated movie series of all time (Scary Movie).

3 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

1991: The Last Boy Scout deserves mention. I fucking love it. It's a great script and Bruce Willis is more of a well rounded character here. Very funny and a crazy plot with great action.  Damon Wayans is fantastic. Shit, even Danielle Harris at a young age.

R.I.P. Tony Scott.  That's what I'm missing..

I remember thinking, wait...is this Die Hard meets In Living Color? How could this be any good? OH...it's not bad!

6 minutes ago, department store basement said:

There's always one or two movies I keep going back to in every period - Eraserhead (late 70s - I have a bizarre sense of humor), Tootsie (early 80s), BTTF/Goonies (late 80s), Backdraft (early 90s), Buffalo 66/Private Parts (late 90s)...but there's a TON of movies I rewatch from early 2000s. Although I haven't tried yet I can probably put stuff like Pitch Black and Me, Myself, & Irene on repeat and never get bored.

The flipside of it is that the early 2000s produced my most hated movie series of all time (Scary Movie).

It's funny you mention Eraserhead as I'm watching it on tv right now. I'm a big Lynch fan. Can't wait for the new season of Twin Peaks. 

I remember the first person who's noticed my white hair strand was an annoying 11 years old in my class. "Teacher teacher, YOU HAVE WHITE HAIR!!" then she pointed at it and says "You're OLD teacher!"

I died a little bit inside that day.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

50 is the new 30, I can attest to that. So 30 has to be the new 20.. Teenagers are in the womb I guess.:D

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

I remember the first person who's noticed my white hair strand was an annoying 11 years old in my class. "Teacher teacher, YOU HAVE WHITE HAIR!!" then she pointed at it and says "You're OLD teacher!"

I died a little bit inside that day.

One girl in my bio class said she thought she saw some gray hair and I almost died at that moment. It turned out to just be the light but I was still terrified. I love my brown (and not gray) hair.

My dad and his brothers all started getting gray hair at 17/18 and my dad's cousins kids were both salt and pepper by 25. But my mom's side of the family never get a strand of gray until they're well past 50. My grandma didn't have gray hair (and she's never coloured it) until she was 65. Hoping I take after that side (and considering I have brown hair like my moms side things are hopeful).

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, UrosepsisFace said:

vs

For 1991 you forgot Boyz N The Hood and Dead Again. 

But 1993 was without a doubt the best year of the '90s: 

Jurassic Park, Schindler's List, The Piano, The Nightmare Before Christmas, True Romance, The Addams Family Values, In the Name of the Father, Remains of the Day, Kalifornia, Sleepless in Seattle, Groundhog Day, Red Rock West, The Fugitive, Mrs Doubtfire, Dazed & Confused, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, The Age of Innocence, The Joy Luck Club, Falling Down, Philadelphia, In The Line of Fire, The Secret Garden, Menace II Society, Demolition Man (don't know it!), Carlito's Way, Cliffhanger, Homeward Bound, Much Ado About Nothing, Dave, A Bronx Tale, What's Love Got to do With It, Free Willy. 

11 minutes ago, DAJK said:

One girl in my bio class said she thought she saw some gray hair and I almost died at that moment. It turned out to just be the light but I was still terrified. I love my brown (and not gray) hair.

My dad and his brothers all started getting gray hair at 17/18 and my dad's cousins kids were both salt and pepper by 25. But my mom's side of the family never get a strand of gray until they're well past 50. My grandma didn't have gray hair (and she's never coloured it) until she was 65. Hoping I take after that side (and considering I have brown hair like my moms side things are hopeful).

I took after my father apparently. I'm not even 30 yet and that strand is becoming more and more apparent.

:sadben:

• Like 2

The last great year for cinema was 2007. 

We got No County For Old Men, Atonement, There Will Be Blood, Into the Wild, Zodiac, The Diving Bell & The Butterfly, Eastern Promises, Superbad, Michael Clayton, Enchanted, The Orphanage, etc. 

After that Marvel took over and it all went to shit. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

For 1991 you forgot Boyz N The Hood and Dead Again. 

But 1993 was without a doubt the best year of the '90s: 

Jurassic Park, Schindler's List, The Piano, The Nightmare Before Christmas, True Romance, The Addams Family Values, In the Name of the Father, Remains of the Day, Kalifornia, Sleepless in Seattle, Groundhog Day, Red Rock West, The Fugitive, Mrs Doubtfire, Dazed & Confused, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, The Age of Innocence, The Joy Luck Club, Falling Down, Philadelphia, In The Line of Fire, The Secret Garden, Menace II Society, Demolition Man (don't know it!), Carlito's Way, Cliffhanger, Homeward Bound, Much Ado About Nothing, Dave, A Bronx Tale, What's Love Got to do With It, Free Willy. 

I liked the variety of 1993, but I have to lean towards the top-heavy 1994. Gump, Pulp, and Shawhank :wub:.

20 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

The last great year for cinema was 2007. 

We got No County For Old Men, Atonement, There Will Be Blood, Into the Wild, Zodiac, The Diving Bell & The Butterfly, Eastern Promises, Superbad, Michael Clayton, Enchanted, The Orphanage, etc. 

After that Marvel took over and it all went to shit. 

No Country For Old Men and There Will Be Blood!  RIP great cinema...

Edited by UrosepsisFace
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Blanks McCoy said:

I turn 21 tomorrow, and my theater is giving me a great present: a Spielberg movie on the big screen!!

(I'm of course referring to the special showing of Jaws for July 4th; sorry BFG, but you can wait for later this week.)

Omg! Happy Birthday, babe!

Lemme know if you want a congratulatory blowie or lap dance.

:wub:

• Like 2