WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 92): Pets 103.2M (biggest OW ever for an original movie) | Tarzan 20.6M | Dory 20.3M | M&D 16.6M

There's this from DHD

With Pets starting out this high at the box office, it is quite conceivable it will beat Sony’s Ghostbusters for the No. 1 spot next weekend, as that pic is currently projected between $35M-$41M.

Edited by FlashMaster659
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

There's this from DHD

With Pets starting out this high at the box office, it is quite conceivable it will beat Sony’s Ghostbusters for the No. 1 spot next weekend, as that pic is currently projected between $35M-$41M.

I'm expecting Ant-Man numbers for Ghostbusters, it'll probably be a repeat of that weekend.

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

I can't say I have any interest in the remaining animated movies this year (excluding Sausage Party). Moana is the closest and I'm sure you all know why I'm not looking forward to that :redcapes: 

Actually, I don't think we all know why.

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'm expecting Ant-Man numbers for Ghostbusters, it'll probably be a repeat of that weekend.

Early showtimes for Ghostbusters in OC for previews is 76 showings. At roughly the same point in time ID4-2 had 78 showtimes and Warcraft had 73 showtimes. IMAX is not selling well for Ghostbusters currently, there are literally no IMAX tickets sold right now but we have a week to go. Currently it looks like a preview number about the same as ID4-2 and Warcraft had, let's see when we get closer to release.

• Like 1

If The BFG is Spielberg's The Good Dinosaur, will Ready Player One be his Finding Dory?

Pets is alright, there is a few great gags but it's a missed opportunity IMO. The Minions short however is very good, proving the Minions are great in small doses. 

8 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I was just thinking the exact same thing. I'm not expecting legs to be as good though. 

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Early showtimes for Ghostbusters in OC for previews is 76 showings. At roughly the same point in time ID4-2 had 78 showtimes and Warcraft had 73 showtimes. IMAX is not selling well for Ghostbusters currently, there are literally no IMAX tickets sold right now but we have a week to go. Currently it looks like a preview number about the same as ID4-2 and Warcraft had, let's see when we get closer to release.

I'm not too concerned since it's a comedy and reviews aren't out yet.