WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 92): Pets 103.2M (biggest OW ever for an original movie) | Tarzan 20.6M | Dory 20.3M | M&D 16.6M

I'll admit I can understand baumer's position on the animal slapstick being bothersome but tbh I was more bothered by Albert Brooks just playing a Brooklyn bird Marlin lol

alrifht time for IDR

2 minutes ago, Blanks McCoy said:

I'll admit I can understand baumer's position on the animal slapstick being bothersome but tbh I was more bothered by Albert Brooks just playing a Brooklyn bird Marlin lol

alrifht time for IDR

Cut your losses and get out of there before IDR begins. It isn't worth the 2 hours you will spend watching it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HeyItsMoses said:

What about Sing? I mean, people were expecting $80m for SLOP, but it's exceeding expectations by over $20m. 

By having, "From the studio that brought you Despicable Me, Minions, and SLOP", I can easily see Sing earning over $300m as well. :)

Unlike Pets, Sing hasn't had that good of a marketing campaign.

$175-225 million would be a solid range for it. 

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I'm seeing Mike and Dave (just because a friend wants to) and Pets tomorrow. Yay?

I dunno. Perhaps I'm distracted by the funny and the sexy in the forms of Anna Kendrick and Aubrey Plaza, but I don't think Mike and Dave looks bad. Not great, mind you, but not bad either.

nice for pets - I always prefer films breaking out versus flopping even if they are "slop"

and @filmlover- while not at the beginning of the year, if I remember right @nilephelan laid out a scenario on BvS opening weekend where its like #11 or #12 course that was dependent upon ID2 hitting 300m so I'm not sure where it would fall now but still....

2 minutes ago, narniadis said:

nice for pets - I always prefer films breaking out versus flopping even if they are "slop"

and @filmlover- while not at the beginning of the year, if I remember right @nilephelan laid out a scenario on BvS opening weekend where its like #11 or #12 course that was dependent upon ID2 hitting 300m so I'm not sure where it would fall now but still....

If SLOP does $330m+ this makes BvS 7th.   It will be 8th with Rogue One.  So you'd need 2 out of 4 of SS, FB, Moana or Sing to break out for it to miss the top 10 domestic.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

I dunno. Perhaps I'm distracted by the funny and the sexy in the forms of Anna Kendrick and Aubrey Plaza, but I don't think Mike and Dave looks bad. Not great, mind you, but not bad either.

I like the cast a lot (well, except maybe Adam Devine- a little of him goes a long way) but the previews have just made it look insufferably unfunny. I like that it was actually a true story though, Wendy Williams even had the real Mike and Dave on her show again the other day to talk about the movie.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, filmlover said:

22-accidentally-spilled-drink.gif?w=400&

Nice response.

I may not post much, but I believe I read enough to see certain patterns.

You may not like it, maybe you don't even know, but it's quite plain to see.

And as a side note, you've tried way too hard to fit in since you got here from whatever site that was. Just be yourself, lol.

Just now, BK007 said:

Nice response.

And as a side note, you've tried way too hard to fit in since you got here from whatever site that was. Just be yourself, lol.

Whatever you say, creepy.

23 minutes ago, Blanks McCoy said:

Not to be a contrarian or anything but I can't be the only one who preferred the predatory and tenacious fogey to the immense drag that Marlin can be at times? Favorite hawk character eva!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BK007 said:

Nice response.

Eh thats just Filmlover ;) He has been around since the MOJO days and was always this way...