WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 92): Pets 103.2M (biggest OW ever for an original movie) | Tarzan 20.6M | Dory 20.3M | M&D 16.6M

31 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Huge for SLOP...but I just don't understand its appeal. I mean, I do, but to this extent?! I just watched the clips on YT and not once did I smile/laugh aside from the one with the cat.

Noctis and Baumer agreeing? Maybe it really is the end times. 

• Like 5

The 150-300m range is an uncharted territory this year....really weird. Only X-Men and barely. Sure this will change with Star Trek Beyond and Jason Bourne. Suicide Squad should join the 300m club.

10 minutes ago, picores said:

The 150-300m range is an uncharted territory this year....really weird. Only X-Men and barely. Sure this will change with Star Trek Beyond and Jason Bourne. Suicide Squad should join the 300m club.

:unsure:

I would not be surprised if SLoP winds up on the lower-end of estimates. The highest praise I've seen is that it's "cute", and the screening I had this morning was super underwhelming in crowd response.

Very, very curious to see how legs would be.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blanks McCoy said:

IDR was worth it just for that ridiculous Judd Hirsch subplot. Some of the funniest unnecessary awful shit I've seen in a blockbuster recently lol

Judd Hirsch deserves better.  He's great in everything.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, goldenstate5 said:

I would not be surprised if SLoP winds up on the lower-end of estimates. The highest praise I've seen is that it's "cute", and the screening I had this morning was super underwhelming in crowd response.

People seem to be very positive so far on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=secret life of pets was&src=typd

13 minutes ago, goldenstate5 said:

Hoping for

giraffe1.jpg

and not

401.330.0_r5p3hpc85rxg.jpg

Edited by Johnny Tran

1 hour ago, La Binoche said:

A- Cinemascore for SLOP

For comparison, Despicable Me, Despicable Me 2, and Minions all got an A. The A- score for SLOP could be meaningfully different... or not. Cinemascore is frustratingly bad - I wish they would employ a better methodology and better sampling.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

The one huge film per month syndrome is still in effect.

May - CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR

June - FINDING DORY

July - THE SECRET LIFE OF PETS

August - SUICIDE SQUAD?

Yea I think SUICIDE SQUAD will do very well. Maybe 300m+.