WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 92): Pets 103.2M (biggest OW ever for an original movie) | Tarzan 20.6M | Dory 20.3M | M&D 16.6M

2 hours ago, grim22 said:

Just wait till this breaks out big on Christmas. I actually think this has a good shot of being #1 over that weekend ahead of Rogue One.

I won't be surprised, just immensely saddened

2 hours ago, grim22 said:

I actually like the trailer. Looks fun to be honest.

I saw the trailer I posted earlier in a theater full of children, and I'll admit it might look a tad better if:

A. It didn't have the exact same gag from The Peanuts Movie at the end of the trailer.

B. I wasn't surrounded by kids singing along to EVERY SINGLE GODDAMN SONG IN THE TRAILER

3 hours ago, Baumer said:

I don't like Pixar. Never have. I don't see anything great about most of their films. Sorry.

Your terrible taste is the one of the few consistent things around this forum, i'll give you that.

7 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

Your terrible taste is the one of the few consistent things around this forum, i'll give you that.

Thank you.

Here's something I just realized: Central Intelligence just crossed $100M yesterday, making it the first non-superhero, non-animated (Jungle Book's only live-action thing was Mowgli, so don't even go there) movie to cross that mark this year...I just realized how sad that sounds.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

So, if Pets hits 300m+ and Moana, Sing, Trolls etc. all do well, too, could this be officially the best year for animation in history (box office-wise)? I have a hard time remembering another year where the genre thrived that much.

If they all hit 300m this might be the year I become a gibbering lunatic. 

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

So, if Pets hits 300m+ and Moana, Sing, Trolls etc. all do well, too, could this be officially the best year for animation in history (box office-wise)? I have a hard time remembering another year where the genre thrived that much.

I think 2010 was the biggest one until now, with four movies hitting 200m. 2013 had two over 350m. But yeah this year should come out on top. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I realized I'm basically done rooting for any animated movie made by a major studio. 

31 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I realized I'm basically done rooting for any animated movie made by a major studio. 

So salty

• Like 1