grim22

Weekend Thread | Read first post for rules | Weekend #s: Pets 50.56M, GB 46M, Tarzan 11.1M, FTF 11M, MND 7.5M, Purge 6M

It seems like so far everything about GB is average including it's critical and box office reception.

Typical reboot/remake performance.

So few reboots/remakes break out.

I'm not sure why Hollywood gambles on them so often.

Edited by grey ghost

I almost wish that this had opened with Thursday previews of either 700k or 13.4 million. Those numbers would at least have given us hours of endless entertainment and strife. As it has been mentioned, this number...not extraordinary yet not pathetic, simply means that neither the fans nor the detractors can boast a "win" or a "loss."

5 minutes ago, Nova said:

Surely you've heard of Napoleon. The guy who conquered Europe long long ago. 

I know who he is, I'm just not sure what he has to do with the thread. Unless this is some joke that I'm not aware of 

1 minute ago, fracfar said:

I know who he is, I'm just not sure what he has to do with the thread. Unless this is some joke that I'm not aware of 

He's another person who post on these forums. :lol:

and he can be quite...controversial at times. :jeb!:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

Ghostbusters could flop. Reports are the production budget alone is between 144-188m . 

It's $144m as stated at Box Office Mojo, Variety, Hollywood Reporter and Deadline.

It's $144m.

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

Ghostbusters could flop. Reports are the production budget alone is between 144-188m . 

It's $144M. It's not going to flop. It'll make at least $120M domestic on top of whatever it makes internationally. 

6 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

I almost wish that this had opened with Thursday previews of either 700k or 13.4 million. Those numbers would at least have given us hours of endless entertainment and strife. As it has been mentioned, this number...not extraordinary yet not pathetic, simply means that neither the fans nor the detractors can boast a "win" or a "loss."

On the other hand, it should have relatively decent legs. I'm still thinking it'll play like a less frontloaded version of Ant-Man.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

Slightly disappointing that I just ventured into this thread hoping to get entertained, but instead we've got a boring number and as a result a rather boring thread.

Oh well...

Bildergebnis für ghostbusters gif

Oh, I'm very happy with the boring number and boring thread :D;) 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, fracfar said:

A person who can not act mature wherein discussion of films he is unhealthily obsessed with recieves opposing critical reception. 

He was unhealthily obssesed with GB 2016. Not much else to say there! :D