grim22

Weekend Thread | Read first post for rules | Weekend #s: Pets 50.56M, GB 46M, Tarzan 11.1M, FTF 11M, MND 7.5M, Purge 6M

8 hours ago, CJohn said:

First Tele likes a Summer movie and now people are cumming all over seeing SULLY, of all fucking movies, in IMAX. Unreal day. 

I mean, you need to see the trailer on a true IMAX screen. Films shot in IMAX tend to look good on those...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Really? Wow. That's surprising

I think the legs are going to be poor, especially with Star Trek/Bourne stealing away the action crowd, Lights Out stealing the couples, and Bad Moms stealing the female and comedy crowd.  

• Like 1

Just now, nilephelan said:

I think the legs are going to be poor, especially with Star Trek/Bourne stealing away the action crowd, Lights Out stealing the couples, and Bad Moms stealing the female and comedy crowd.  

What is the Monday number? 

1 minute ago, Jayhawk said:

Ouch. After seeing the movie, I'm sad it's probably gonna end up doing really poorly. Would have loved a sequel.

It is too bad the marketing approach they took didn't do the movie any favors.  It likely limps over $100m and might struggle to hit $250m overall.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nilephelan said:

It is too bad the marketing approach they took didn't do the movie any favors.  It likely limps over $100m and might struggle to hit $250m overall.  

I will bet you two months of gold account Ghostbusters does at least 125 million. 

Ghostbusters is probably the best studio movie this summer outside of Popstar, honestly. An excellent reboot/reinvention. I still think it will have great legs. It performed more like a family film this weekend. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

Here is another hint, Secret Life of Pets is running very similar to Inside Out.  

So 6.7m for Pets for a 42-43% Monday-to-Monday drop. For comparison, Minions dropped 55% from it's first Monday. So drops are at the halfway between Minions and IO. Pretty good.

1 minute ago, James said:

So 6.7m for Pets for a 42-43% Monday-to-Monday drop. For comparison, Minions dropped 55% from it's first Monday. So drops are at the halfway between Minions and IO. Pretty good.

Higher.  

• Like 2

Just now, nilephelan said:

Higher.  

Ohhh, so it made the same as IO. I though you meant the Sun-Mon drop. That's awesome then. If it hits 6.9m like IO that means a 40-41% drop. I think it might still beat IO's total.

• Like 1