grim22

Weekend Thread | Read first post for rules | Weekend #s: Pets 50.56M, GB 46M, Tarzan 11.1M, FTF 11M, MND 7.5M, Purge 6M

14 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Again, you completely missed my point which if u read the post youd see how much your post doesn't make a lot of sense. 

Quoting the post

So you see my point here.  IO and Dory are definitely the exception, not the rule.  When you have animated films, it isn't necessarily about what they drop in their second weekend, it's the ration of what they did from their first until the second weekend is up.  Dory and IO are freaks, no doubt, but Pets 95% addition is better than both Zootopia and Jungle Book.  So to say that Illumination needs to watch their marketing budget and that they are more frontloaded than other animated films, is false.  The reason it fell 52% this weekend is because the summer weekdays were so strong, it burned off demand.  Where as when you have spring films, they fall less on the weekends because the demand was not met during the week. So Illumination has no misstep.  I have no idea if it will pass Zootopia or catch JB.  I do know, or at least feel that it will get to about Zootopia's number. Regardless of what it does, it's an outstanding success and if you want to chalk part of that up to marketing, then I have no problem with that.  They made Pets the second biggest film of the summer.  That's impressive.  So I'm just pointing out that sometimes, you have to go a little deeper with the numbers if you want to get the real story.  

Ok.

I disagree with the bolded line. Based on the release date, the trajectory of the movie is not dependent on just how many % of its OW. It also week to week drops as they tend to tell us how the WOM is. Movies with strong WOM tends to have good 2nd weekend drop. I could accept if there was direct competition but here there were none.

To reiterate Pets is having a decent run but not great.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Pets is an original animated film that opened to 100m+. I don't care if legs were horrid (and they're not), it would still be a MAJOR success. 

Hashtags: #Crumbling #NotARecord

17 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Wow. So who finishes higher? FTF of the V

Using Fri and Sat estimates with Np's Sun, FTF goes up by 0.4m from 11.0 to ~11.4m and V goes up by 0.3m from 11.1 to ~11.4

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2

3.7 would give DORY a 16% drop from 4.42 Sat.

3.5 would give LOT a 24% drop form 4.60 Sat.

11.4 would be a 45.2% weekend drop for DORY and a 45.7% weekend drop for LOT.

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I just saw that the newest Ice Age has a 16% on RT, woof. Glad Jr. isn't old enough yet to go to a movie theater.

Well I saw my first movie in theaters when I was 3.  It was The SpongeBob Movie.  Makes me wonder if that's why I have the strange obsession I do now...