baumer

Weekend #s STB 59.6M, Pets 29.3M, GB and LO 21.6M, IA5 21M

Just now, filmlover said:

They already are adding him.

And the thought of Chris's Hemsworth and Pine interacting like father and son makes me laugh so hard that it needs to happen.

Thatsthejoke.jpg

My humor missed the mark :sadben:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I wish these new Star Trek movies had better villains. They've wasted the talents of Eric Bana, Benedict Cumberbatch, and now Idris Elba as generic bad guys.

Yeah, it's like they use the same super-villian archetype who wants revenge over and over again.

Maybe they did this to have more mainstream appeal but this dumbed down, formulaic approach will only take you so far.

21 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Bad Moms is selling very well in presales, 30M might happen next weekend.

Didn't know that. I imagine females feel underappreciated when it comes to film. Still the movie looks quite unfunny. 

Feels like it's certainly the timeframe for a Kong trailer, given the opening of the new ride and the March release date. And King Arthur, Wonder Woman, and Fantastic Beasts are confirmed. So there you go! Probably no legend Hardy Nolan Styles today. 

One has to commend Paramount either way that they didn't take advantage of the free publicity the film received last month and increased Chekov's presence in the marketing to a ridiculous degree. I imagine they really didn't want to face the exploitation accusations (although I'm hard pressed to think they could've come up with something as cynical as that infamous Furious 7 poster).

Edited by filmlover

1 hour ago, MrPink said:

Think he's saying the movie itself isn't exciting enough to warrant bigger numbers, which I don't think holds.

close. I meant maybe the movie isn't exciting enough or have the right ingredients to design a great marketing campaign around it.

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

One has to commend Paramount either way that they didn't take advantage of the free publicity the film received last month and increased Chekov's presence in the marketing to a ridiculous degree. I imagine they really didn't want to face the exploitation accusations (although I'm hard pressed to think they could've come up with something as cynical as that infamous Furious 7 poster).

which poster

3 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Kinda silly how SDCC hasn't sold TV or streaming rights to the con. It's free publicity to a massive audience. Wouldn't stop people from going either.

Or even developed an official live blog for fans to follow along - that is definitely crazy.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Kinda silly how SDCC hasn't sold TV or streaming rights to the con. It's free publicity to a massive audience. Wouldn't stop people from going either.

That would be so cool.