baumer

Weekend #s STB 59.6M, Pets 29.3M, GB and LO 21.6M, IA5 21M

Just now, Captain Craig said:

I haven't heard any news on a Hansel sequel in some time. 

I found the first film modestly enjoyable. In the sense that they set the world up adequately enough and I could see some solid potential in a sequel but it's got to have he right treatment.

I'm open to it if it happens in much the same way I am to the Underworld series. I feel that fandom is what a H&G sequel should try to aspire towards, niche but there.

They canceled the sequel and are looking to make it a TV series

http://www.indiewire.com/2015/10/hansel-and-gretel-witch-hunters-sequel-canned-but-tv-series-in-the-works-111985/

Deadline reports Renner will lose out on another franchise.

2013’s “Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters” may not have been loved by critics but the film was a modest success with audiences and that was enough for Paramount to be schedule for a sequel for 2016. It seems, however, that the studio has had a change of heart and they’ve scrapped the sequel in favor for a TV series.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Hansel and Gretel?

Is that a joke?

Made something like 225M on a 50M budget. A moneymaker for sure, and a sequel would be a quick buck for paramount.

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

I think it's a given that the only studio that will be shut down by the end of the decade is The Weinstein Company.

I imagine TWC will probably be bought out by another indie. 

I wonder if Paramount would bid for the Bond distribution rights? That would be a real boost for them although at the moment, it does look like it's going to WB who takes over distribution from Sony.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

I imagine TWC will probably be bought out by another indie. 

I wonder if Paramount would bid for the Bond distribution rights? That would be a real boost for them although at the moment, it does look like it's going to WB who takes over distribution from Sony.

Wait what? Bond is going to WB?   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The47th said:

Yeah. We take that for granted now, but not long ago that wasn't so clear.

I'm still not 100% sure that's clear.

I think DOM it'll do well enough but still OS has me worried

1 minute ago, James said:

Wait what? Bond is going to WB?   

They are favorites. Sony has kind of hinted that they wont be pursuing the rights anymore - they did get the worst deal on Bond rights any distributor has ever made for sure. WB have the rest of the MGM library so Bond would fit right in, and the Broccolis are pretty close to Tsujihara as well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Alice in Wonderland made $1 billion on a $200m budget.

Alice 2 was a result of the second film being horrible. HUGE step down from an already disappointment.

Hansel and Gretel at least can only go up :P

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Made something like 225M on a 50M budget. A moneymaker for sure, and a sequel would be a quick buck for paramount.

A sequel would drop though, especially given how long they waited to release it.

1 minute ago, The47th said:

Yeah. We take that for granted now, but not long ago that wasn't so clear.

A decade ago, Star Trek was on life support. It was actually the Viacom/CBS split that triggered development as the president of Paramount at the time asked CBS for eighteen months to develop a new film. I doubt we'd be getting a new Star Trek series had it been for the success of the new films.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

A sequel would drop though, especially given how long they waited to release it.

At this point yea. Had they released it in 2015 or this past January, I think it could have done 40DOM and 200WW.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

They are favorites. Sony has kind of hinted that they wont be pursuing the rights anymore - they did get the worst deal on Bond rights any distributor has ever made for sure. WB have the rest of the MGM library so Bond would fit right in, and the Broccolis are pretty close to Tsujihara as well.

Awesome! This is a good time to be a Warner fan:lol: 

Spoiler

Yes, I am a fan of a company. I know how it sounds.<_<

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

I think he wants that A-list money more than artistic credibility. :jeb!:

It must've sucked whenever he took over someone else's franchise, only to get replaced after one outing by...the original star of the franchise. Yikes.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Alice 2 was a result of the second film being horrible. HUGE step down from an already disappointment.

Hansel and Gretel at least can only go up :P

Yeah, just like Snow White and the Huntsman.

• Like 1