baumer

Weekend #s STB 59.6M, Pets 29.3M, GB and LO 21.6M, IA5 21M

16 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

That's kind of true for MOST franchises, in the Blockbuster era, not named Bond, Star Wars, Star Trek and I might argue Friday the 13th. Not counting early cinema fare of Tarzan, Thin Man etc.

Lethal Weapon: 4

Die Hard: 5

Pirates/Carib: 5 (jury out on beyond this)

Transformers: 5 (jury also will be out)

Underworld: 5 (jury again)

I suppose the modern exceptions in the 2000 era would be Resident Evil, #6 on it's way, X-men Universe and of course the MCU is it's own thing almost.

Mission: Impossible will also have at least 6 entries.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, filmlover said:

What even is the plot to this new Ice Age, really? I've seen trailers/ads and still can't figure it out. Talk about not even trying.

Trust me, you don't want to know.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

Mission: Impossible will also have at least 6 entries.

Good call, I edited my post to include MI and I also recalled SAW. That went 7 but feels done since it's been years and they did those yearly since '04-'10, a reboot is coming you can almost feel it. 

Not bad for Star Trek, third movies of this kind usually lose spark at the box office. Overall looks like it should turn out to be a decent profit and lead into an amazing weekend! I'm very excited about this half of this summer's box office overall! Especially this month has shown that people want to go to the movies(actually technically last month with Finding Dory). 

Just now, MCKillswitch123 said:

Don't be such a Strange nitwit, join the fun, it'll be Magnificent :ph34r:

You're being a Weiner right now who thinks he's got Nine Lives and will survive the Ice Age of puns. 

• Like 1

Also it's important about WB so far this year and how they are improving from their slew of bombs they had last year and their one flop this year which was a shame that it(The Nice Guys) bombed. Lights Out is another win for them, as I thought it would debut like last year's The Gallows but overall quite solid preview number. Let's go WB! Let's go horror!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I suggest you Don't Breathe, you War Dog.

Damn it! What happened to all the Love and Friendship this forum was supposed to bring. It's like you guys really want a Civil War or an Apocalypse of sorts. 

Edited by Nova

1 minute ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Also it's important about WB so far this year and how they are improving from their slew of bombs they had last year and their one flop this year which was a shame that it(The Nice Guys) bombed. Lights Out is another win for them, as I thought it would debut like last year's The Gallows but overall quite solid preview number. Let's go WB! Let's go horror!

I imagine they'll have a good rest of the year judging by their slate:

August 5: Suicide Squad

August 19: War Dogs

September 9: Sully

September 23: Storks

October 14: The Accountant

November 18: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

December 16: Collateral Beauty

• Like 4