MinaTakla

Monday #s, Pets 4.2m

2 hours ago, Quigley said:

SLOP has once again fallen behind IO in daily grosses (4.2M vs 5M). I can't wait for the moment when the cume falls behind as well.

SLOP was never going to make as much as IO

• Like 1

The Killing Joke is as iconic a graphic novel as they come, I don't think the same strategy would work for some lesser known titles.

Too bad the movie isn't any better, though. I buy all of the DCAU films on Blu, but this one was a letdown. They are increasingly cutting the budgets on these properties, and even The Killing Joke is a victim. It doesn't look nearly as good as 2010's Under the Red Hood.

19 minutes ago, Chaz said:

The Killing Joke is as iconic a graphic novel as they come, I don't think the same strategy would work for some lesser known titles.

Too bad the movie isn't any better, though. I buy all of the DCAU films on Blu, but this one was a letdown. They are increasingly cutting the budgets on these properties, and even The Killing Joke is a victim. It doesn't look nearly as good as 2010's Under the Red Hood.

The source material is one of the best comic books ever. How can they screw up on that? Dark Knight Returns and Year One were good adaptations. 

2 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

The source material is one of the best comic books ever. How can they screw up on that? Dark Knight Returns and Year One were good adaptations. 

Turns out Bruce Timm really really really really wants Barbara and Bruce to get it on.

24 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Turns out Bruce Timm really really really really wants Barbara and Bruce to get it on.

I didn't mind that as much, because it's been hinted at for years. What bothered me was the actual look of the movie. I thought they would up the budget for a movie like this one, but they didn't.

Why, it's near 80% on RT.  It's not like Wild Hogs or something. The thing about SLOP is that it appeals to multiple demographics, and had some of the best marketing of a year that has consistently outdone itself.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Thegun said:

Why, it's near 80% on RT.  It's not like Wild Hogs or something. The thing about SLOP is that it appeals to multiple demographics, and had some of the best marketing of a year that has consistently outdone itself.

It was a joke.

people in the marketing dept at Illumination are geniuses...they know how to make audiences get their asses to the movies...

this is going to finish in the same ballpark as zootopia(which i thought was top notch and is locked to win the oscar) and IO(classic)..:sadben:

i've never been a fan of thier movies with the exception of DM-1(DM-2 was forgettable,Min was awful) and i personally think their animation quality is plain bad(looks at SING):ph34r:

It is working VERY WELL for them for now and i hope they up their game in their future endeavours now that they are getting huge returns on minimal budgets

Edited by CoolK
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, CoolK said:

people in the marketing dept at Illumination are geniuses...they know how to make audiences get their asses to the movies...

this is going to finish in the same ballpark as zootopia(which i thought was top notch and is locked to win the oscar) and IO(classic)..:sadben:

i've never been a fan of thier movies with the exception of DM-1(DM-2 was forgettable,Min was awful) and i personally think their animation quality is plain bad(looks at SING):ph34r:

It is working VERY WELL for them for now and i hope they up their game in their future endeavours now that they are getting huge returns on minimal budgets

Don't give up on SING yet:)

It's heading to TIFF and marks Illumination's first festival selection. I think it may end up being great.