MinaTakla

Weekend Thread | Bourne 60M, Trek 24M, Bad Moms 23.4M, Pets 18.2M

25 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Oh yeah forgot about Sing. That will do mid 200M and M7 is a strong contender for low 200M.

And I'm counting on Passengers to do better than 200M.   I even have my first and only ever club on it.  And it's less than six months away now, with the trailer coming out Thursday (hint, hint!)  http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/21902-passengers-over-200-dom-full-run/

3 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Critics, fanboys and the general audiance disagree.

Take your "all Bourne/Ethan Hunt/Bond movies are masterpieces" goggles off. :depp:

Well in all honesty there hasn't been a bad movie featuring Bourne or Hunt

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

How much is Chris Pratt influencing these Magnificent Seven predictions? Because $200M would make it the biggest Western ever lol (and that's always been a tricky genre at the box office).

It's a variety of factors:

Trailers have been good

Denzel is always a draw plus you add in Pratt

October doesn't have a lot of appealing options

Tarzan proved older audiences need blockbusters

Pizzaman

• Like 1

Civil War story is so bad and boring a part of me died watching it (I blame the most uninteresting character ever the Winter Soldier for this). The rest followed yesterday after watching the absolute trainwreck that GB is. It is insane to believe these mediocre/bad/boring movies have good reviews. At least Civil War had 20 entertaining minutes. GB has 0 entertaining minutes. The whole thing is an absolute unfunny disaster. 

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Trailers have been good

Pizzaman

bysscgw.gif

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Trailers have been good

Pizzaman

Seriously? Even starting with September 30 there are big adult targeted movies every week which can hit 30M or so openings. Deepwater Horizon is actually targeting the same older audience as Mag7, Peregrine will do decently well as well, Girl on the Train can be a smaller Gone Girl type success, The Accountant also looks pretty good, Jack Reacher the week after that and Inferno the week after that. Literally every week has an action or thriller movie which is appealing directly to the older audience which Mag7 is also targeting.

• Like 6

Just now, CJohn said:

Civil War story is so bad and boring a part of me died watching it. The rest followed yesterday after watching the absolute trainwreck that GB is. It is insane to believe these mediocre/bad/boring movies have good reviews. At least Civil War had 20 entertaining minutes. GB has 0 entertaining minutes. The whole thing is an absolute unfunny disaster. 

What died was probably your last bit of taste considering you loved ID2.  :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

How much is Chris Pratt influencing these Magnificent Seven predictions? Because $200M would make it the biggest Western ever lol (and that's always been a tricky genre at the box office).

People are also predicting it to be the leggiest Denzel film. I really wonder what's up with some of these predicts

Like, 50/150 would be super great for it

• Like 2

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Seriously? Even starting with September 30 there are big adult targeted movies every week which can hit 30M or so openings. Deepwater Horizon is actually targeting the same older audience as Mag7, Peregrine will do decently well as well, Girl on the Train can be a smaller Gone Girl type success, The Accountant also looks pretty good, Jack Reacher the week after that and Inferno the week after that. Literally every week has an action or thriller movie which is appealing directly to the older audience which Mag7 is also targeting.

Peregrine is gonna bomb and I'm not convinced Lionsgate knows what they're doing with Deepwater

Girl on the Train, Jack Reacher, and Inferno will do 60-70M

Accountant has 100M potential but that's not until Mag's 4th weekend

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

People are also predicting it to be the leggiest Denzel film. I really wonder what's up with some of these predicts

Like, 50/150 would be super great for it

$50M would be the biggest September opening ever. Tall order.

Trailers have been ok

Denzel is the most consistent 75-130 million draw

October doesn't have a lot of appealing options (That adds nothing)

Tarzan is struggling to 130 million

I could go for a slice

Mag 7 is probably the biggest open and shut book of the year 40/130. Nothing unfortunately screams 200.

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Trailers have been good

Pizzaman

giphy.gif

• Like 1