MinaTakla

Weekend Thread | Bourne 60M, Trek 24M, Bad Moms 23.4M, Pets 18.2M

These weekends waiting for SS to begin it's run are so boring. That being said, I am glad Bourne is doing good numbers. I am very interested in seeing the movie, but not so much in it's run (it's pretty much the exact opposite of SS). Still, I hope it does well enough for a sequel. Also glad Bad Moms is doing great. Love Kunis. 

FRIDAY AM UPDATE: Universal's Jason Bourne delivered solid numbers from Thursday night preview screenings, tallying $4.238 million from 2,928 theaters with screenings beginning at 7PM. Comparable results include the $4 million both Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation and The Wolverine brought in before opening with $55.5 million and $53.1 million respectively. There's no comparing to the previous three Bourne films, all of which had preview screenings that began at midnight, none of which topped $1 million.

As for Bad Moms, the R-rated comedy from STX brought in $2.05 million from 2,550 locations on Thursday that began at 6PM and includes a small amount of ticket sales generated from group sales on Wednesday night. This is a strong start for the comedy, comparing favorably to the $1.8 million Trainwreck brought in on Thursday before opening with $30 million and the $1.5 million Spy brought in from advanced screenings before opening with $29 million.

Lionsgate's Nerve brought in an estimated $2.3 million yesterday, it's second day in release. The result continues the performance comparison made in our preview below to Vacation as the film has now brought in an estimated $6.05 million and is looking at a three-day anywhere from $12.5-14.5 million.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4210&p=.htm

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

STX's finally got a hit in Bad Moms, given the low budget. It'll turn a profit and probably a sequel with Dads

They will make Bad Moms 2 and a spin-off called Bad Dads. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

That would do even worse than a fourth one in this timeline.

The best is to stop making new movies in this timeline and go for a reboot in 8-10 years.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

:lol: Oh boy@! Gonna make a guess on how long it lasts. I'd say 10 episodes. 

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis

Better than I expected for Bourne, pretty much exactly what I thought Bad Moms would do. I now think the target for Friday for all 3 openers should be at least 17 for Bourne, 10 for Moms, and 4.2 for Nerve. That's the bar where I won't be disappointed by their numbers ;)